Result Statement: To ensure excellent customer service through implementation of the “Water Street Way”
Strategic and Tactical Work:
1. Bring restaurant issues to FOH Manager to take to weekly meetings.
2. Meet or exceed “Water Street Way” standards for cleanliness, product quality and guest satisfaction.
3. Implement all systems and forms for Bar/Cahier/Bus/Main operations.
4. Assists in the training of all new personnel (Certified Trainer).
5. Adhere to all the policy & procedures of Water Street.
6. Bartenders must obtain a valid TABC certification and a Nueces County Food Handler’s Permit at all times. Cashiers must obtain a valid Nueces County Food Handler’s Permit at all times.
1. A score of 90% or better on all Health Department inspections.
2. A score of 90% or better will be achieved on all mystery shopper reports.
3. Will follow all dress code requirements for Bar/Cashier/Bus/Main Operation
Blue jeans or khakis – Solid color shorts are allowed
ESC T-shirt or fishing shirt w/ ESC logo
ESC hat if desired
Black Non skid - shoes
Ask about piercing & tattoo policy
1. All routine work will be documented in an operational manual. The information included in the operations manual is proprietary.
2. All work will be performed according to company policies and standards inherent in all position contracts, system action plans, and employee manuals, on going policy memoranda, and facilities and dress codes.
3. Client and company information will be held as strictly confidential outside the company.
4. Employees will provide staff assistance as requested; each employee may be asked from time to time to cover other areas of accountability and/or departments.
5. Employees will respect each other’s name, space, and need for concentration. Socializing and interruptions must not impede workflow.
6. Employees will have quarterly regularly scheduled meetings with their manager. Employees will also have scheduled yearly evaluations.
7. Employees are encouraged to recommend ideas for the improvement of their department and position.
8. If hired in the position of Cashier or Busser, employee must be at least 16 years old. If hired in the position of Bartender or Maintenance, employee must be at least 18 years old.
9. Employee must be able to work A.M./P.M. shift and number of hours as specified by management.
10. Employees must be able to speak, understand, read and write in the English language.
11. Employees must wear hair above collar length.
13. Employees may be required to perform simple math, handle money, make change for customers, operate a cash register, and prepare bank deposit at end of shift.
14. Employees must pass all tests required for qualification of a specific position as discussed with the immediate supervisor with a score of 90% or higher.
15. Must have a friendly and upbeat personality and good personal hygiene.
16. Must answer telephone or intercom promptly with a friendly and courteous manner.
17. If performing duties of Bartender or Cashier, employee must promptly and courteously greet, seat and/or take food or beverage orders from customers.
18. Employee may be required to stock and maintain an inventory of items needed in food and beverage serving, bar drink preparation and those items kept for sale at the front cashier station. Also, employee may be required to record sales and waste of food items and beverages.
19. Employee must maintain a clean and neat work area at all times by performing assigned cleaning tasks specific to the position as discussed with the immediate supervisor.
20. Employee may be required to accurately complete assigned paperwork as required by a specific person.
21. If hired in the position of Busser, Bartender, Maintenance or Cashier, employee will clear tables of dishes and silverware, reset table for next customers, will scrub, sweep and otherwise maintain clean floor areas in the restaurant and will be responsible for taking the trash out to the dumpster as needed.
Physical, Mental Essential Functions of the Job:
1. Stands and walks for up to four (4) to ten (10) hours per day on a concrete/carpet surface while performing duties.
2. Lifts and carries food and beverage items of varying weights depending on specific position as discussed with immediate supervisor. The weight ranges are between 10 and 100 pounds with or without assistance.
3. Pushes/pulls and maneuvers food items, objects or materials of varying weights depending on specific position as discussed with immediate supervisor. The weight ranges are between 10 and 150 with and without assistance.
4. Frequently bends, stoops, twists, performs rotating motions and reaches down, out and overhead as needed in performance of job duties specific to the position as discussed with the immediate supervisor.
5. In accordance with requirements of specific duties as discussed with the immediate supervisor, constantly uses hands and fingers to hold and handle objects and equipment required to perform duties. Handling may be done one-handed or two-handed depending on the size and shape of the object and task being performed.
6. Must have corrected vision to be aware of surroundings and location of items needed to perform tasks, and to perform various job duties.
7. Must have corrected hearing to listen to the needs and advice from customers, managers and co-workers, and the environment to be aware of surroundings.
8. Must be capable of frequently climbing stairs or ladders during assigned work shift.
9. Must be capable of effectively and calmly communicating with co-workers and/or management regarding instructions, needs and/or conflicts, and work in a fast-paced, sometimes highly stressed environment.
10. Must be mentally alert and capable of remembering names, faces, details regarding job tasks and food orders, and oral instructions.
11. Must be mentally alert and capable of following instructions for the use of and safely using all equipment involved in assigned job tasks for periods of time required to complete task.
12. Must be capable of working in controlled environmental conditions consisting normally of moderate range temperatures.
13. Must be capable of working in environmental conditions consisting of a normal to high level of noise.
14. Must be alert and able to identify a hazard, should one occur, in order to avoid it by reporting immediately or, if directed, by taking corrective measures.