Wallis Companies is celebrating 50 years in business!
Originally founded in rural Cuba, MO in 1968, today we employ 1,100+ individuals in three states across multiple business divisions (Wholesale, Retail Operations, Lubricants, Transport, Great River Wash, and Support Divisions). We're a proud Woman Owned Business, committed to doing good in our communities! We're an award-winning Midwestern distributor for Exxon-Mobil, Phillips 66, BP and other amazing brands, committed to operational excellence and exceptional service.
The Facilities Maintenance Technician performs daily break/fix, maintenance, and installation duties across the greater St. Louis metro market convenience store retail locations (Mobil Mart, Mobil On the Run, Dirt Cheap, Phillips 66 U-Gas, Gigi's Commissary Kitchen, BriteWorX Car Washery) in the following areas: HVAC, Refrigeration, Plumbing, Electricity, Appliances, Carwash Machinery, etc.
Facilities Maintenance Technicians will ensure the highest possible support necessary for company operated and external customer locations. This position will ensure the highest level of customer service; including but not limited to, timely repairs, quality workmanship, and prompt and accurate invoice completion. This position will ensure timely communication to customers, and receive authorization to make the necessary repairs, when required. The Facilities Maintenance Technician will also be required to attend on-going training to further professional development and to stay abreast of current trends I maintenance fields. Hourly Pay + Incentives and Benefits. Company Van Provided.
Start Date ASAP
Questions? Contact Stephanie.Morris@WallisCo.com or apply online today!
• Required: GED or high school diploma
• Required: Additional training in related field - HVAC, Refrigeration, Plumbing, and/or Electrical, etc.
• Required: Class E Driver's License; MVR within accepted company policy (company van provided)
• Preferred: 2 years of experience in maintenance, repairs, installations or other related work strongly preferred
Other Skills and Experience Required:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills
• Strong organization skills, paired with ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment; Strong attention to detail
• Knowledge of general maintenance protocol, including electrical, plumbing, and construction trades; general knowledge of OSHA safety regulations; Proficient with various hand tools, power tools, and other hardware items
• Initiative and use of judgment to solve problems
• Willingness to work "on call" when necessary
• Proficient with a computer, Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook and Excel, and telephone
• Class E Driver's License (company van provided)
Wallis employees are compliant with drug screen and criminal background check investigation requirements, in addition to following the professional appearance policy without exception.