Taqueria Manager is responsible for planning, directing, and managing the operations and performance of the Taqueria Department in order to achieve and maintain department goals. Repsonsible for training, coaching, and monitoring all team members on their job duties according to company policies and procedures. Ensures all taqueria products prepared by Chicharroneros, Cooks, Pupusera Preparadora Tamalera, Taqueros, and Cashiers are consistent in quality, appearance, and weight according to company guidelines and standards. Responsible for ordering merchandise and controlling inventory to minimize out of stock and overstocks, and as a result maximize sales. Follows and monitors compliance of pertinent health department regulations, food safety, as well as state and local laws. Responsible for smiling and greeting all customers while delivering extraordinary customer service and responds to customers’ requests, to meet the goals and objectives of the department.
Must be able to perform mathematical operations related to job functions.
Must enjoy working with the public.
Must have good communication skills.
Must be self-motivated.
Must have a friendly, courteous attitude, and provide extraordinary customer service.
Must exhibit a responsible, professional, and positive attitude towards the job, co-workers, and customers.
Must have a positive attitude, towards safety, and be committed to follow all health and safety regulations and/or polices to ensure the well-being of oneself, fellow team members, customers and vendors.
Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays.
Must be able to transfer to other locations within a reasonable commute of home store.
Ability to meet the physical requirements of the job.
• Must have 3 years of taqueria or restaurant experience or 1 year of taqueria management experience.
• Basic operational use of standard office equipment (i.e. computer, printer/fax, etc.)
• Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite products (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
• Basic understanding of English language; reading, writing and speaking.
• Basic understanding of Spanish language; reading, writing and speaking, a plus but not required.