Store HR/Safety Compliance Specialist is responsible for smiling and greeting all team members and customers while delivering extraordinary customer service. Responsible for recruitment including; reviewing employment applications, conducting pre-screen interviews, and ensures new hire documentation is completed. Conducts monthly meeting, newly promoted manager, and new hire orientation presentations. Provides team members with leave of absence information and submits requests to corporate HR. Communicates health benefit information to team members and submits enrollment applications to corporate HR. Conducts HR investigations upon the approval of HR Director or Corporate HR Management. Monitors that team members are in compliance with safety policies and procedures. Also responsible for maintaining open communication with Store Director to ensure compliance with labor laws and company policies.
Must enjoy working with the public, team members, and management.
Must have good communication skills.
Must be self-motivated.
Must have a friendly, courteous attitude, and provide extraordinary customer service.
Must exhibit a responsible, professional, and positive attitude towards the job, co-workers, and customers.
Must have a positive attitude, towards safety, and be committed to follow all health and safety regulations and/or polices to ensure the well-being of oneself, fellow team members, customers and vendors.
Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays.
Must be able to transfer to other locations within a reasonable commute of home store.
Ability to meet the physical requirements of the job.
• Basic operational use of standard office equipment (i.e. computer, printer/fax, etc.)
• Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite products (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
• Must be able to type a min. of 35 wpm.
• Strong leadership skills: ability to train, identify problems and mentor.
• Strong written, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to engage with management across the organization at all levels.
• Well organized, heightened attention to detail and ability to prioritize competing deadlines and needs.
• Calmness under pressure.
• Maturity and discretion in handling sensitive and confidential issues
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
• Previous HR experience a plus
• Basic understanding of English language; reading, writing and speaking.
• Basic understanding of Spanish language; reading, writing and speaking.