Title: Asset Protection Detective
The responsibility of the Asset Protection Detective consists of apprehending suspects who commit shoplifting crimes and completing/submitting necessary reports in a timely manner. The AP Detective maintains constant communication with store management and uniformed security guards working together as a team to prevent losses. The AP Detective appears in court for restitution and prosecution of crimes committed against Vallarta Supermarkets.
The Asset Protection Agent is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
Conduct external theft investigations including working undercover and apprehend suspects committing shoplifting crimes
Recover assets and make safe apprehensions
Ensure compliance with company Asset Protection Department apprehension guidelines
Complete incident reports and submit to corporate office
Must be able to write clear and concise crime reports that can later be used in court
Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate with suspects of shoplifting, law enforcement officers and store management.
Asset Protection Detectives must be able to testify in court concerning any criminal or civil case
Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays appropriate to retail business needs
Must be able to submit and successfully pass a criminal background check
Must be at least 18
Local candidates only
For Full Time Positions we offer:
Medical, Dental, and Vision
Company Paid Basic Life $10,000 & Basic AD&D $10,000
Paid time off for vacation, holidays and sick leave
High school diploma or equivalent
Prior loss prevention experience in theft apprehensions preferred but not required
Must possess the ability to make good sound decisions under stressful situations
Must be able to maintain/manage confidential information
Must be able to stand/walk the sales floor for the entire scheduled shift
California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) Notice to Applicants
This notice explains to you, pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), how Vallarta Supermarkets (“Vallarta,” “the Company,” “we,” “us,” and “our”) may collect your information in relation to your application for employment and potential employment with us.
For purposes of this notice, “Personal Information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular California resident or household, or as otherwise defined under the CCPA.
“Personal Information” does not include certain information, including publicly available information lawfully made available from government records, deidentified or aggregate information, or other information excepted under the CCPA.
Information We Collect about Applicants
We need you to provide certain information in order for you to complete your application for employment with Vallarta. The following provides the categories of Personal Information we may collect about applicants as part of the application process, and/or our employees if ultimately hired.
• Personal Identifiers. We may collect your name, driver’s license or state identification card number, passport number or other government identification number (including U.S. work authorization number), Social Security information, residence/postal address, email address(es), phone number(s), and other contact information during the application and recruitment process. We may collect your emergency contact information as well. If you are hired, we may collect additional personal identifiers about you to facilitate the employment relationship.
• Characteristics of Protected Classifications under California or Federal law. We may collect your age, date of birth, race, ethnicity, sex/gender, and marital status.
• Biometric Information. We may collect your fingerprints to facilitate the employment relationship, if you are hired.
• Professional or Employment-Related Information. Depending on your role/duties with Vallarta, we may collect information regarding your criminal history, driving history, and credit history as part of our employment background check. We also collect information regarding your professional and employment history and other qualifications you provide in your employment application, including references, skills/abilities, employment goals and expectations, and other related information (if you choose to provide them).
• Education Information. We collect information regarding your professional and education history to the extent provided in your resume/application.
• Thermal or other Health-Related Information. If you apply in-person or come to our store(s) as part of the application process, we may need to take your temperature or other similar information as part of our health protection policies. However, this information is not retained.
• Inferences. We gather information about your employment history with Vallarta, such as the company location/facility to which you are assigned, position and description of duties, fulltime and part-time status, pay rate, as well as descriptions about your job performance and skills. We may also draw other inferences such as your characteristics, job preferences, personal hobbies, activities, foreign language capabilities, other abilities and the like.
Purposes for Collection of Your Personal Information
We use the above categories of personal information for the following business purpose(s):
• To make recruitment and employment decisions, including assessing your application and qualifications for employment with us.
• To conduct and verify background checks (where applicable).
• If hired, to facilitate onboarding, payroll, benefit, and leave of absence administration
• For security purposes.
• To obtain and/or maintain insurance policies and coverage.
• To comply with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
• To manage workers’ compensation claims and conduct workplace investigations.
Third-Party Collection of Personal Information
The Company may use third-party vendors, such as Snag-a-Job, to facilitate the application process for applicants. In this process, these third parties may collect an applicant’s personal information and provide it to us for employment decisions.
Additional CCPA Disclosures
At this time, the CCPA does not afford applicants or employees the right to make requests regarding their Personal Information as it relates to the application and/or employment relationship. This does not affect other rights you may have under other laws.
Further, nothing in this notice restricts Vallarta’s rights or ability to:
• Comply with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
• Meet any other legal obligation, including complying with lawful inquiries, investigations, subpoenas, court orders, or other requirements of applicable lawful authorities.
• Exercise its legal rights and defend claims.
• Report potentially unlawful activity to appropriate law enforcement and cooperate in any resulting investigation.
• Detect and respond to unauthorized activity and security incidents.
• Protect against and report potential illegal activity and/or fraud; or
• Provide information to our service providers in relation to the above listed purposes, or transfer information as part of a merger, acquisition, or other transfer of some or all of our business to another party.
For more information or any questions about this notice , please contact Human Resources, at 818-898-0088.