Store Director is in charge of planning, directing, and managing the operations of the store. Responsible for building and maintaining a strong management team through training, guiding, coaching, and communicating. Monitors that managers train their team members. Listens to all team members and assist in resolving their concerns. Enforces company programs to comply with government agencies; State and Federal Labor Laws, OSHA, Health Department, DMS, COOL, ABC, WIC, EBT, etc. Knowledge of all company policies and procedures, and effectively enforces them. Maintains open communication with all team members, department supervisors, human resources, risk management, district manager, and corporate office. Responsible for smiling and greeting all customers and team members while delivering extraordinary customer service. Also responsible for responding to customers’ requests in locating products, to meet the goals and objectives of the department.
Must be able to perform mathematical operations related to job functions.
Must enjoy working with the public.
Must have good communication skills.
Must be self-motivated.
Must have a friendly, courteous attitude, and provide extraordinary customer service.
Must exhibit a responsible, professional, and positive attitude towards the job, co-workers, and customers.
Must have a positive attitude, towards safety, and be committed to follow all health and safety regulations and/or polices to ensure the well-being of oneself, fellow team members, customers and vendors.
Must pass a background check
Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays.
Must be able to transfer to other locations within a reasonable commute of home store.
Ability to meet the physical requirements of the job.
• Must have prior experience managing a supermarket.
• Basic operational use of standard office equipment (i.e. computer, printer/fax, etc.)
• Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite products (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
• Basic understanding of English language; reading, writing and speaking.
• Basic understanding of Spanish language; reading, writing and speaking.