The Kitchen Manager at the Whitewater Center provides excellent and innovative food offerings while also providing professional leadership and direction to the back-of-house team. Responsible for delegating duties to the back of house team regarding HACCP procedures, inventory control & quality control. Candidates must have the ability to reflect the attitude, values and brand of USNWC and be passionate about every aspect of the job. The Kitchen Manager will ensure that all recipes, food preparations, and presentations meet restaurant’s specifications and quality standards while maintaining a safe and orderly work area.
• Maintain proper levels of food products and BOH supplies in all locations based on par levels and business needs.
• Maintain low food costs without compromising quality.
• Maintain cleanliness of all equipment, supplies, and work areas by creating, delegating, and managing daily and weekly duties to Assistant Kitchen Managers.
• Schedule entire BOH team while maintaining proper staffing levels based on business needs.
• Communicate business successes and areas for improvement with management
• Maintain quality leadership standards by continuous coaching and periodic progress meetings with Assistant Kitchen Managers.
• Create training procedures and ensure standards are upheld regularly.
• Maintain a friendly, courteous and professional relationship with all guests, management, and employees
• Uphold high levels of personal hygiene and proper uniform standards while setting an appropriate example for all staff.
• Maintain availability to work weekends, evenings, holidays and special events with frequency
• Perform other job-related duties as requested
• Good communication skills
• Ability to understand and comply with all company and departmental rules and regulations, policies and procedures
• Ability to read, write and communicate verbally in English
• Ability to perform basic math
• Skill in providing customers with an exceptionally enjoyable experience while performing functions of the position
• Able to perform all skills associated with the station you are assigned in the kitchen or as directed by your superiors
• Employment eligibility for the United States
• Food Safety Certified or ability to obtain within 30 days
• Facility Access
• Staff Discount Program
• Health, Dental, Vision
• Flexible Spending Account
• 401 (k)
• Paid Time Off
Overview of Department
Food and Beverage
The Food and Beverage Department delivers exceptional, chef-driven culinary service to Whitewater guests. Whitewater is home to diverse and ever-evolving food and beverage outlets, including full-service and fast casual dining options. In addition, the Food and Beverage Department oversees catering for private events and Adventure Dining.
Working at Whitewater
Whitewater is rooted in the belief that the active, outdoor lifestyle is for everyone. We are a team whose culture and work environment are dedicated to providing real engagement through authentic experiences. By promoting an active, outdoor lifestyle, we build community and opportunities for people to come together.