The Guest Services Assistant Manager is a key leadership position with a critical role in the fulfillment of the U.S. National Whitewater Center’s (USNWC) brand promise of delivering high quality experiences. The Guest Services Department serves as the point of contact for all USNWC guests to facilitate customer engagement at the facility. The Guest Services Assistant Manager assists in leading the team of front-line staff responsible for assisting and guiding guests through their visit. Staff recruitment, training, and coaching are critical to the success of this role, as is effective problem solving and strategic thinking. The Guests Services Assistant Manager reports to the Guest Services Manager.
• Oversee the operation of various guest services locations and processes including pass sales, gear rentals, equipment storage, security, parking, custodial services, guest feedback, and inquiries.
• Execution of processes and procedures to ensure cleanliness, quality, consistent guest service delivery, and staff.
• Create a friendly and welcoming atmosphere for all guests.
• Manage first encounters with guests and act as a first responder to guest needs and issues
• Maintain a keen awareness of how the brand is being represented and demonstrate a relentless pursuit of meeting the brand promise.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Maintain a holistic perspective of operations in order to identify opportunities for improvement of the guest experience.
• Manage an efficient operation, demonstrate fiscal awareness, and continuously ensure the proper execution of tasks and utilization of resources.
• Participate in collaborative, strategic meetings with the aim of improving efficiency and guest experience.
• Oversee the recruiting, training, scheduling, coaching, and day-to-day management of Guest Services staff.
• Ensure that staff create a friendly and welcoming atmosphere for all guests and have in-depth knowledge of the organization’s products and services.
• Create and execute training processes for the operation of POS systems.
• Create and utilize key tools and metrics to measure team results and hold the team accountable to established goals and objectives.
• Contribute to the overall success of the USNWC by promoting its mission with guests and fellow employees.
• Clearly articulate and communicate performance expectations to staff.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Hospitality, Management, or another related field is preferred.
• 3 years of management-level experience in guest services, customer service, or the hospitality industry.
• Excellent customer service and communication skills.
• Ability to work well under pressure in a calm, mature, process-driven manner.
• Ability to process unique circumstances and provide positive resolution.
• Maintain a flexible schedule for varied workweeks and regular availability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
Comfortable with physically demanding duties related to the team’s area of focus
Guest Services Manager
Staff Discount Program
Health, Dental, Vision
Flexible Spending Account
Paid Time Off
The U.S. National Whitewater Center (USNWC) is dedicated to the promotion of the active, outdoor lifestyle. We are a team whose culture and work environment facilitates real engagement through real experiences. Since 2006, the USNWC has engaged all levels of participants through its activity passes, instruction, and youth programming as well as its festivals, races, and other outdoor events. Opportunities can be found at the USNWC for those interested in active summer jobs, a gateway into the outdoor lifestyle, or furthering your career in the outdoor industry.
The U.S. National Whitewater Center (USNWC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the USNWC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
NOTICE: Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. The USNWC is an employer who participates in the E-Verify program.