The Whitewater Center is seeking an individual to assist in the operation of the Retail business unit, including the Outfitters store. The staff, products, and overall experience in the Center’s retail environments are considered a vital extension of the USNWC brand and represent a unique opportunity to engage with guests.
The Assistant Retail Manager is primarily responsible for managing the sales staff and supporting the retail environment to assist guests and deliver an exceptional customer experience. The Assistant Retail Manager is an hourly role and reports to the Retail Manager.
• Coach and lead the retail team by selecting and training employees to ensure they are appropriately knowledgeable of USNWC products and services.
• Execute tactics to effectively immerse guests into outdoor industry trends and products.
• Monitor inventory and evaluate finances in order to improve sales and profit performance.
• Ensure execution of all visual merchandising standards.
• Maintain positive relationships with guests and regularly provide touch points on the retail floor.
• Constantly explore the latest industry products, technology, and trends in the outdoor apparel industry.
• Collaborate with Guest Services team to engage guests in a variety of manners including serving as an information hub, facilitating pass sales, and serving as an overall ambassador for the USNWC.
• Collaborate with the Marketing team in order to assure the delivery of a consistent brand experience to the guest.
• 2+ years retail management experience.
• Experience with technical outdoor gear and lifestyle apparel.
• Thorough understanding and experience with visual merchandising.
• Exceptional communication and customer service skills.
• Demonstrated ability to empower teams to meet high standards.
• Energetic, enthusiastic, effective communicator, and strategic leader.
• This position requires the ability to frequently lift and move items that weigh more than 50 pounds
The U.S. National Whitewater Center (USNWC) is dedicated to the promotion of the active, outdoor lifestyle. We are a team whose culture and work environment facilitates real engagement through real experiences. Since 2006, the USNWC has engaged all levels of participants through its activity passes, instruction, and youth programming as well as its festivals, races, and other outdoor events. Opportunities can be found at the USNWC for those interested in active summer jobs, a gateway into the outdoor lifestyle, or furthering your career in the outdoor industry.
The U.S. National Whitewater Center (USNWC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the USNWC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
NOTICE: Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. The USNWC is an employer who participates in the E-Verify program.