Guest Services Representatives are responsible for educating, scheduling, and processing all adventures at the U.S. National Whitewater Center (USNWC). Additionally, Representatives must always be conscious of the USNWC’s policies and procedures and strive to continuously educate themselves with a combination of instruction from leadership, activity experience, and other tools provided to staff.
• Communicate with guests in a polite, clear, and confident manner using a variety of mediums – email, phone, and face-to-face interaction
• Answer questions regarding group outings, activities, and instruction, and provide guests with guidance in order to best match our products and services with their needs
• Create a friendly and welcoming atmosphere for all guests
• Prepare for the arrival of large groups to ensure a pleasant and efficient check-in
• Check-in reserved guests through the Siriusware software system, print wrist bands, review the purchased experience, provide directions, and answer any questions
• Actively communicate with all departments in order to facilitate the best possible experience for each guest
• Occasionally provide tours of the USNWC’s activities and facilities
• Maintain a clean, professional, and healthy appearance, and adhere to the dress code
• Maintain accurate knowledge of activities, products, and services offered by the USNWC
• Maintain availability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as required
• Previous experience in guest services, customer service, the hospitality industry, or sales
• Outgoing, friendly, confident candidates with a passion for outdoor adventure and the USNWC mission of promoting healthy, active lifestyles
• An honest and sincere passion for helping others and providing guidance
• Excellent customer service and communication skills
• Able to work well under pressure and make decisions independently – this position requires an individual who is resourceful and takes a solutions-focused approach to solving problems and pleasing our guests
• Adequate typing skills and the ability to quickly adapt to new software systems
• Able to stand for the duration of an 8+ hour shift given suitable break time
*The Guest Services Department is currently hiring individuals with availability to work during the summer and part-time availability throughout the fall and winter months.
Guest Services Management
Staff Discount Program
The U.S. National Whitewater Center (USNWC) is dedicated to the promotion of the active, outdoor lifestyle. We are a team whose culture and work environment facilitates real engagement through real experiences. Since 2006, the USNWC has engaged all levels of participants through its activity passes, instruction, and youth programming as well as its festivals, races, and other outdoor events. Opportunities can be found at the USNWC for those interested in active summer jobs, a gateway into the outdoor lifestyle, or furthering your career in the outdoor industry.
The U.S. National Whitewater Center (USNWC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the USNWC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
NOTICE: Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. The USNWC is an employer who participates in the E-Verify program.