Food & Beverage Managers at the U.S. National Whitewater Center (USNWC) are responsible for supervising the front-of-house staff and operations of the River’s Edge restaurant, Pump House Biergarten, and other food outlets.
• Maintain a strong presence on the floor during peak restaurant hours
• Ensure quality standards for food and dining experiences are met
• Anticipate guest needs, and provide each customer with a positive, engaging experience
• Hire and develop front-of-house staff
• Enforce performance expectations, and utilize evaluation techniques
• Lead by example, and hold the team accountable
• Facilitate communication between the front-of-house and back-of-house
• Project guest traffic at all food outlets in preparation for efficient daily operations
• Manage labor costs, adjusting staffing levels as needed
• Management level experience in a fast-paced, high-volume dining atmosphere
• Excellent leadership, management, and communication skills
• Excellent service skills, professional demeanor
• Ability to adjust operations based upon business demands
• Maintain availability to work nights, weekends, and holidays with frequency
Director of Food & Beverage
Staff Discount Program
Health, Dental, Vision
Flexible Spending Account
Paid Time Off
The U.S. National Whitewater Center (USNWC) is dedicated to the promotion of the active, outdoor lifestyle. We are a team whose culture and work environment facilitates real engagement through real experiences. Since 2006, the USNWC has engaged all levels of participants through its activity passes, instruction, and youth programming as well as its festivals, races, and other outdoor events. Opportunities can be found at the USNWC for those interested in active summer jobs, a gateway into the outdoor lifestyle, or furthering your career in the outdoor industry.
The U.S. National Whitewater Center (USNWC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the USNWC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
NOTICE: Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. The USNWC is an employer who participates in the E-Verify program.