Job you are applying for:
Assistant Kitchen Manager
at the following location(s):
Food & Beverage Department - Charlotte, NC
View Job Description
Assistant Kitchen Managers are responsible for supporting daily operations of the kitchen while also providing professional leadership and direction to the back-of-house team. Must have the ability to reflect the attitude, values, and brand of USNWC and be passionate about every aspect of the job. The Assistant Kitchen Manager will ensure that all recipes, food preparations, and presentations meet restaurant’s specifications and quality standards while maintaining a safe and orderly work area.
• Perform and delegate all opening and closing duties according to HACCP, food safety and cleanliness standards
• Maintain constant communication with Kitchen Manager and the rest of the BOH team to ensure proper levels of food products and supplies in all locations based on par levels and business needs.
• Maintain up-to-date recipe books and ensure kitchen staff follow all recipe and plating specifications
• Manage staffing levels during shifts
• Communicate successes and areas for improvement with entire management team
• Maintain cleanliness of all equipment, supplies and work areas by delegating and managing daily and weekly duties to team
• Maintain a friendly, courteous and professional relationship with all guests, management team and employees
• Uphold high levels of personal hygiene and proper uniform standards while setting an appropriate example for all staff.
• Maintain availability to work weekends, evenings, holidays and special events with frequency
• Perform other job-related duties as requested
• Good communication skills
• Ability to understand and comply with all Company and departmental rules and regulations, policies and procedures
• Ability to read, write and communicate verbally in English
• Ability to perform basic math
• Skill in providing customers with an exceptionally enjoyable experience while performing functions of the position
• Able to perform all skills associated with the station you are assigned in the kitchen or as directed by your superiors
• Employment eligibility for the United States
• Food Safety Certified or ability to obtain within 30 days
• Facility Access
• Staff Discount Program
• Health, Dental, Vision
• Flexible Spending Account
• 401 (k)
• Paid Time Off
Overview of Department
Food and Beverage
The Food and Beverage Department delivers exceptional, chef-driven culinary service to Whitewater guests. Whitewater is home to diverse and ever-evolving food and beverage outlets, including full-service and fast casual dining options. In addition, the Food and Beverage Department oversees catering for private events and Adventure Dining.
Working at Whitewater
Whitewater is rooted in the belief that the active, outdoor lifestyle is for everyone. We are a team whose culture and work environment are dedicated to providing real engagement through authentic experiences. By promoting an active, outdoor lifestyle, we build community and opportunities for people to come together.