Mechanics at the U.S. National Whitewater Center (USNWC) work in small crews or alone to inspect, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain equipment and facilities. Equipment includes but not limited to UTVs, large/small tractors, skid steer, trailers, trucks, cars, etc. A majority of work is done in a shop environment but tasks could be anywhere on the USNWC property. Technicians can either be hired as full-time, benefits-eligible employees or seasonal employees and report directly to a crew manager.
• Maintain, inspect, and repair equipment that supports a facility that operates year-round with high levels of traffic and extensive operating hours
• Effectively manage a dynamic task list and an extensive preventative maintenance schedule with the ability to adapt and answer immediate needs as they arise
• Operate vehicles, tractors, and other heavy equipment
• Assist with building, construction, and improvement projects as needed – including but not limited to mechanical, general housekeeping, welding, troubleshooting, shop inventory management, ordering project/repair materials
• Maintain availability to work weekends, nights, and holidays as required
• Experience in commercial and/or industrial maintenance executing inventory management, auto repair, small engine repair, metal fabrication, welding, maintenance and repair on motorized vehicles, etc.
• Proficiency working with a variety of basic and specialized tools – hand tools, power tools, shop tools, and fabrication tools
• Ability to read and interpret documents with strong attention to detail – safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions, hydraulic and electrical prints, and other manuals
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
• Ability to work outdoors for sustained periods of time under varying weather conditions – the majority of work is completed in a shop environment, but a project could be anywhere on site
• Ability to stoop, bend, and reach frequently
• Ability to lift at least 50 pounds
Full-time, Year Round
Water Systems Manager
Staff Discount Program
Health, Dental, Vision
Flexible Spending Account
The U.S. National Whitewater Center (USNWC) is dedicated to the promotion of the active, outdoor lifestyle. We are a team whose culture and work environment facilitates real engagement through real experiences. Since 2006, the USNWC has engaged all levels of participants through its activity passes, instruction, and youth programming as well as its festivals, races, and other outdoor events. Opportunities can be found at the USNWC for those interested in active summer jobs, a gateway into the outdoor lifestyle, or furthering your career in the outdoor industry.
The U.S. National Whitewater Center (USNWC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the USNWC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
NOTICE: Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. The USNWC is an employer who participates in the E-Verify program.