Facility Maintenance Manager at the U.S. National Whitewater Center (USNWC) leads the team of Technicians who work in small crews or alone to inspect, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain equipment and facilities with a focus on enabling a high quality guest experience.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintain, inspect, and repair all features of a public facility that operates year round with high levels of traffic and extensive operating hours
• Effectively manage a dynamic task list and an extensive preventative maintenance schedule with the ability to adapt and answer immediate needs as they arise
• Schedule work orders, schedule and plan projects, manage related inventory
• Operate vehicles, tractors, and other heavy equipment
• Assist with building, construction, and improvement projects as needed – including but not limited to, plumbing, electrical, mechanical, wood working, and general housekeeping.
• Maintain availability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as required
• Coordinate safety meetings
• Manage schedules and relationships with various contractors
• Experience in commercial and industrial maintenance or commercial construction
• Additional experience in a specialized trade – e.g. plumbing, electrical, HVAC
• Proficiency working with a variety of basic and specialized hand and power tools
• Knowledge of building equipment, building codes, and building systems
• Ability to read and interpret documents with strong attention to detail – e.g. safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions, hydraulic and electrical prints, and other manuals
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
• Ability to work outdoors for sustained periods of time under varying weather conditions
• Possess basic computer skills
• Physical requirements:
• Be able to reach, bend, and stoop frequently
• Be able to lift at least 50 pounds
Full-time, Year Round
Staff Discount Program
Health, Dental, Vision
Flex Spending Account
Paid Time Off
OVERVIEW OF DEPARTMENT
The Facilities Department is responsible for facility maintenance, water quality, construction, landscaping, and trail development. The department oversees inspections, repairs, maintenance, and safety of the Whitewater Center’s activities and infrastructure.
The U.S. National Whitewater Center is dedicated to the promotion of the active, outdoor lifestyle. We are a team whose culture and work environment facilitates real engagement through real experiences. Since 2006, the U.S. National Whitewater Center has engaged all levels of participants through its activity passes, instruction, and youth programming as well as its festivals, races, and other outdoor events. Opportunities can be found at the U.S. National Whitewater Center for those interested in active summer jobs, a gateway into the outdoor lifestyle, or furthering your career in the outdoor industry.
The U.S. National Whitewater Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the U.S. National Whitewater Center complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
NOTICE: Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. The U.S. National Whitewater Center is an employer who participates in the E-Verify program.