• Assist Operations in troubleshooting problems and monitoring day to day performance of units.
• Prepare Process Design Packages. These documents define the changes needed for the advancement and improvement of the refinery’s processing and associated facilities. This may include new heat exchangers, distillation towers, vessels, pumps, tanks and new piping solutions.
• Develop process simulations of refinery units and equipment using AspenTech software (HYSYS & Heat Exchanger Design)
• Help to achieve compliance with applicable codes and regulations (API, DEP, EPA etc.)
• Assist in unit startups and shutdowns
• Manage and oversee catalyst loading
• Coordination and interaction with representatives from outside companies whose expertise and/or equipment may be beneficial for the Company.
• Assist with Process Safety Management activities. This includes participation in Hazops, and the definition and evaluation of Action Items.
• Schedule and/or participate in meetings with other departments, outside agencies, and senior management.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Strong aptitude and sound understanding in the principles of petrochemical processing.
• Well rounded knowledge in industry standards and practices
• Fluent in the use of personal computer software, especially Microsoft Excel, Word, and Powerpoint, and AspenTech process modeling software.
• Ability to quickly comprehend technical requirements and issues, and resolve to meet refinery and project guidelines.
• Ability to communicate with coworkers in several other Company departments including Operations, Maintenance, Laboratory, Planning, Financial, and Senior Management.
• Ability to participate and present information in meetings with peers and Senior Management.
• While daily activities are based in an office environment, there will be regular interaction and participation in activities that require a presence in a shop or field environment.
• There will be periods that require more than 40 hours per week, including weekends.
Physical Demands Moderate. However, field activities can include entry into confined spaces, navigating among field equipment and piping, and ladder/stair access to structural platforms. Exposure to construction areas should be expected and common. Field activities will require Personnel Protection Equipment (PPE).
• Position requires significant use of computer and calculator. Computer programs utilized can include Microsoft Office, and AspenTech’s Hysys.
• Sampling of process streams is done to determine its quality and properties. Tools, such as for temperature, pressure, and flow monitoring may also be used in the monitoring of the refinery’s processing equipment.
Required Education and Experience
• B.S. in Chemical Engineering
Preferred Education and Experience
• B.S. in Chemical Engineering; 5 to 10 years of petrochemical process engineering experience.