• Develop informational and construction drawings for a full range of drawing types, including but not limited to: plot plans, civil/structural, process flow diagrams, P&IDs, orthographic and isometric, fabrication and construction drawings, to support Maintenance and Project needs.
• High level of expertise in piping design, and in the use of 3D modelling CAD software.
• Create layouts and detail designs for piping, civil and structural projects. Use appropriate standards & codes to ensure proper design criteria is achieved.
• Support drawing needs in the areas of piping, civil, and structural.
• Work with Engineering, and Refinery Operations and Maintenance personnel for the design development of the project.
• Oversee field work, working closely with URC and contractor field labor.
• Work in an operating plant setting to acquire field measurements and data necessary to accurately define and create drawings.
• Able to create drawings using existing documentation, sketches made from actual measurements, and electronic scanned field data.
• Support capital project design work as required, including estimating piping, civil and structural jobs, and providing material take-offs based on drawings.
• Develop piping, civil, and structural bid packages for proposal solicitation.
• Manage small to mid-sized projects with little supervision.
• Oversee less senior drafting / design personnel.
• Requires a sound understanding of drafting fundamentals, and drafting skills using both 2D and 3D. Use CAD format and, at times, traditional “board” methods and sketches. Quality, accuracy, and clarity of work are essential.
• Ability to manage multiple work assignments simultaneously
• Knowledgeable in drafting techniques and tools, including software and field instruments, such as laser measuring and scanning tools.
• Fluent in MicroSoft Office, estimating (InPlant and EXCEL), and AutoCAD software, including AutoCAD Plant 3D and AutoCAD P&ID.
• Ability to quickly comprehend technical requirements and issues, and resolve to meet Group objectives.