• Develop informational and construction drawings for a full range of drawing types, including but not limited to: plot plans, process flow diagrams, P&IDs, orthographic and isometric, fabrication and construction drawings, to support Maintenance and Project needs.
• Support drawing needs in the areas of piping, civil, and structural.
• Work requires close interaction with Operations, Maintenance, Purchasing, and Inspection plant personnel
• Work in an operating plant setting to acquire field measurements and data necessary for developing drawings.
• Gain experience in piping, foundation, and structural design fundamentals by support Designer and other Project personnel during heavy work load periods.
• Able to create drawings using existing documentation, sketches made from actual measurements, and electronic scanned field data.
• Acquire necessary field data and measurements to accurately define and create drawings.
• Support capital project design work as required, including estimating small piping, civil and structural jobs, and providing material take-offs based on drawings.
• Manage small projects with little supervision.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
• Requires a sound understanding of drafting fundamentals, and drafting skills using CAD format and, at times, traditional “board” methods and sketches. Quality, accuracy, and clarity of work are essential.
• Ability to manage multiple work assignments simultaneously
• Knowledgeable in drafting techniques and tools, including software and field instruments.
• Fluent in MicroSoft Office (Word and EXCEL) and AutoCad software, and developing competencies in estimating tools (InPlant). Able to draw 3D not necessary but desireable..
• Ability to quickly comprehend technical requirements and issues, and resolve to meet Group objectives.
• Primarily an office environment, however, there will be regular interaction, and participation in activities that require a presence in a shop or field environment.
• There will be periods that require more than 40 hours per week, including weekends. Shift work may be required at times.
Physical Demands: Moderate. However, field activities will include construction site conditions that may include uneven and rough grading, ditching, navigation among field equipment, structures, and piping. Ladder or stair access may be required to elevated structures and platforms. Field activities will require Personnel Protection Equipment (PPE).
Programs/Equipment Used: Position requires significant use of computer, calculator, and drafting support equipment, such as laser scanner and survey to name a few. Computer programs used include MicroSoft Office, AutoDesk Design Suite, InPlant, Faro Scene, Kubit Pointsense Plant, and PDF software.
Required Education and Experience: High school graduate, or equivalent, with a minimum of 0-5 years of experience in design or drafting. High school curriculum should have included classes in drafting.
Preferred Education and Experience: Drafting degree or certificate from an accredited technical school. Experience in refining or chemical industry highly desired.