This position’s primary function is to build strong operations teams in new stores by training, developing, coaching, and supporting new employees and store leadership through the new store opening process ensuring the support of our mission: to delight customers in a way that creates loyalty. This position will serve as the primary training support for their assigned store by participating in pre-store staff status calls, leading the new store kick-off meeting, station-based training days, soft and grand openings, as well as on-going training support 1-2 weeks after opening. The New Store Opening Specialist will be passionate about teamwork, positive energy, and be a champion of company policy and procedures; they will promote those behaviors among the teams they support.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Support new stores, as assigned by the New Store Opening Leader, in both independent and team environments
• Collaborate with District and Store Leaders prior to opening to ensure training requirements of core staff are being met (eLearning, skill proficiency, and leadership assessments)
• Conduct in-store visits with core staff pre-opening, when able, focusing on task/skill proficiency and leadership development
• Participate in pre-store staff status calls for each new store, preparing and presenting training updates for each assigned store
• Provide both positive, corrective, and meaningful performance feedback to all employees, and escalate through the chain of command when necessary
• Build positive relationships with all working partners, and leverage those relationships to influence positive performance and results from the teams they support
• Lead the new store kick-off meeting for each store, as assigned, setting expectations and promoting teamwork and positive energy with the new store operations teams
• Lead and execute station-based training days for each new store opening, with the ability to follow an outlined course curriculum and provide in-depth training to new associates across all areas of the store
• Train employees on brand/station standards and Royal Farms rules, policies, and procedures, ensuring 100% execution and consistent delivery of the mission statement: to delight customers in a way that creates loyalty
• Partner with Store Leader to provide feedback on employees throughout the training process and after opening, ensuring appropriate focus support is being provided to low/opportunity performers
• Provide 1-2 weeks of training support after the grand opening of each new store with a flexible schedule to accommodate the business and training needs of the new store staff.
• Lead a post-open update call approximately one week after opening to provide feedback to operations on status of new store, following a structured agenda, and outlining specific goals for the remining week of support.
• Identifying training and support needs and/or problems, implementing solutions, and following up on results by holding operations partners accountable
• Complete necessary administrative tasks associated with each new store’s success, including completing training compliance updates, station-based training evaluations, and support focus reviews of each employee
• In the event that there is no current new store assignment, this position will support various training-related and operations-based support tasks, including but not limited to covering store leader vacations and/or extended leaves, supporting newly placed SLs, providing training/retraining on specific training needs, or development and deployment of training content, as assigned
• High School education required
• College Degree preferred, but not required
• Experience in hospitality, retail, and the restaurant industry, with preference given to candidates who have spent time in a leadership training capacity
• Positive can-do attitude, service-oriented, high energy, flexibility and creativity
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong presentation skills; must be comfortable speaking in both large and small-group settings
• Have strong supervisory and organizational skills and basic computer skills
• Ability to interact easily with diverse group of employees across multiple levels of the organization
• Must be able to travel, as required, spending several consecutive nights away from home regularly
Candidate must have reliable transportation. This job requires traveling/driving to many remote locations regularly and frequent overnight stays for several consecutive nights. It is also required that the New Store Training Specialist is available to work days, nights, weekends, and occasionally holidays to accommodate the schedule and support required of the new store. A typical workweek is 50 hours and the candidate must be able to lift, bend, and stand for up to 8 hours and have the ability to perform tasks in all areas of the store.