Job you are applying for:
at the following location(s):
The Glass Knife - Winter Park, FL
View Job Description
The Glass Knife is one of Central Florida’s most popular and exciting culinary destinations. We are a high-quality, scratch environment and have recently been awarded Orlando Magazine’s Dining Awards - Reader’s Choice as “Best Independent Bakery” and “Best Desserts”.
Our full-time Cake Decorator role is an integral part our back-of-house team, where the first priority is to create an amazing product that exceeds our Guests’ expectations. This position is for someone who is skilled in (and enjoys) production cake decorating and thrives on being part of a fast-paced team. We require a candidate who is 100% reliable, responsible and dedicated.
Competencies & Expectations for All Roles at The Glass Knife:
• Display a passion for what you do and a drive to improve.
• Provide unprecedented customer service to all Guests of The Glass Knife at each and every touchpoint.
• Exhibit strong interpersonal skills; The ability to genuinely and proactively interact with Guests & other team members and effectively communicate, both verbally and in written formats.
• Demonstrate friendliness, ambition, creativity and flexibility in a fast-paced service environment; Perform all duties and responsibilities with a smile, professionalism and energy. Strong listening skills and the ability and willingness to take direction is vital.
• Maintain a prideful approach with respect to your personal appearance and language at all times.
• Display a passion for in-depth food & beverage product knowledge and a commitment to learning key elements of the “story” behind The Glass Knife, its products, services, retail offerings and interior design aspects.
• Display personal and Brand integrity; Understand and adhere to all policies, procedures and brand standards of The Glass Knife.
• Know and comply with all safety and sanitation policies, standards, and procedures that apply to your role. Actively participate in all required training and safety meetings. A commitment to safety for both our Guests and team members is a priority.
• Commit to timeliness. You are expected to report to work on time at the scheduled start of your work shift. Reporting to work on time means that you are ready to start work, not just arriving at your scheduled start time. You are responsible for consistent, dependable transportation to and from work.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Create and design specialty desserts and show pieces
• Decorate cakes for weddings and special events
• Present and discuss specialty pastry/cake designs with guest
• Create complex formulations using innovative production techniques
Qualifications & Required Experience
• Minimum 2 years professional experience in a high volume bakery/pastry environment. Specific cake decorating experience is preferred.
• Ability to read safety procedures and operating guidelines & instructions in English
• Ability to walk and stand for long durations
• Ability to safely lift up to 50 pounds
• Ability to work scheduled hours, including weekdays, weekends, and holidays