Job you are applying for:
Prep Cook Full Time
at the following location(s):
The Glass Knife - Winter Park, FL
View Job Description
Our sophisticated yet approachable destination will re-define the level of artistry, precision and service in our community. Whether it’s where a Guest chooses to start their morning, close out their evening or celebrate a special moment with family and friends, our ultimate mission is for The Glass Knife to be as familiar and welcoming as mom’s own kitchen table. We need your help.
Competencies & Expectations for All Roles at The Glass Knife:
• Display a passion for what you do and a drive to improve.
• Provide unprecedented customer service to all Guests of The Glass Knife at each and every touchpoint.
• Exhibit strong interpersonal skills; The ability to genuinely and proactively interact with Guests & other team members and effectively communicate, both verbally and in written formats.
• Demonstrate friendliness, ambition, creativity and flexibility in a fast-paced service environment; Perform all duties and responsibilities with a smile, professionalism and energy. Strong listening skills and the ability and willingness to take direction is vital.
• Maintain a prideful approach with respect to your personal appearance and language at all times.
• Display a passion for in-depth food & beverage product knowledge and a commitment to learning key elements of the “story” behind The Glass Knife, its products, services, retail offerings and interior design aspects.
• Display personal and Brand integrity; Understand and adhere to all policies, procedures and brand standards of The Glass Knife.
• Know and comply with all safety and sanitation policies, standards, and procedures that apply to your role. Actively participate in all required training and safety meetings. A commitment to safety for both our Guests and team members is a priority.
• Commit to timeliness. You are expected to report to work on time at the scheduled start of your work shift. Reporting to work on time means that you are ready to start work, not just arriving at your scheduled start time. You are responsible for consistent, dependable transportation to and from work.
Qualifications & Required Experience
• Minimum 1 year of line cook experience
• Proven knowledge of HACCP (Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points) as well as proper food handling techniques/temperatures
• Demonstrated ability to follow recipes and an awareness of both modern and classic cooking techniques
• Basic knowledge of butchering technique, food allergies and seasonal ingredients as well as kitchen equipment and tools (i.e. ovens, knives, etc.)
• Ability to read safety procedures, and operating guidelines & instructions in English
• Ability to walk and stand for long durations
• Ability to safely lift up to 25 pounds
• Ability to work scheduled hours, including weekdays, weekends, and holidays