The Glass Knife is one of Central Florida’s most popular and exciting culinary destinations. We are a high-quality, scratch environment and regularly awarded Orlando’s Reader’s Choice and Critics Choice as “Best Independent Bakery” and “Best Desserts”.
Our busy, flagship location in Winter Park needs a flexible, trustworthy and customer-focused barista to join our growing team. If you have a passion for coffee, enjoy serving customers and working in a fast-paced environment, and you have a high level of professionalism, the perfect opportunity awaits at our popular café, bakery and coffee bar.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greet and acknowledge every Guest
- Prepare and sell coffee drinks by following prescribed recipes and preparation techniques for a wide variety of coffee drinks; Latte art skills are strongly preferred
- Educate Guests by presenting and explaining the coffee drink menu; Making suggestions and answering questions.
- Maintain inventories by replenishing coffee bean supply; stocking coffee brewing equipment; maintaining supplies for coffee bar.
- Keep equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies
- Keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the coffee bar area; Follow sanitation policies at all times
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading coffee, retail trade, and food service publications
COMPETENCIES & EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL ROLES AT The Glass Knife:
- Display a passion for what you do and a drive to improve.
- Provide unprecedented customer service to all Guests and fellow team members of The Glass Knife at each and every touchpoint.
- Exhibit strong interpersonal skills; The ability to genuinely and proactively interact with Guests & other team members and effectively communicate, both verbally and in written formats.
- Demonstrate friendliness, ambition, creativity and flexibility in a fast-paced service environment; Perform all duties and responsibilities with a smile, professionalism and energy. Strong listening skills and the ability and willingness to take direction is vital.
- Maintain a prideful approach with respect to your personal appearance and language at all times.
- Display personal and Brand integrity; Understand and adhere to all policies, procedures and brand standards of The Glass Knife.
- Know and comply with all safety and sanitation policies, standards, and procedures that apply to your role. Actively participate in all required training and safety meetings. A commitment to safety for both our Guests and team members is a priority.
- Commit to timeliness. You are expected to report to work on time at the scheduled start of your work shift. Reporting to work on time means that you are ready to start work, not just arriving at your scheduled start time. You are responsible for consistent, dependable transportation to and from work.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIRED EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 1+ years in a Barista role; High-volume experience with coffee making equipment; Latte art skills are strongly preferred
- Ability to read menu offerings, product labels, register screen, pricing, receipts, safety procedures, and operating guidelines & instructions in English
- Ability to walk and stand for long durations
- Ability to safely lift up to 25 pounds
- Ability to work scheduled hours, including weekdays, weekends, and holidays
- Customer service skills
Pay: $11.00 + Tips