The Glass Knife is one of Central Florida’s most popular and exciting culinary destinations. We are a truly unique experience offering the perfect combination of sweet treats and savory fare.
Our Warehouse Driver & Inventory Control role works as part of the back-of-house operations team, delivering items and packages from one location to another. This job involves loading vans and updating records and paperwork. This job often requires early starts and/or late finishes, depending on business needs. This job is well-suited to highly organized individuals who enjoy communicating with people and have the stamina and physical fitness to lift heavy items in and out of delivery vehicles.
Competencies & Expectations for All Roles at The Glass Knife:
• Display a passion for what you do and a drive to improve.
• Provide unprecedented service to all fellow team members of The Glass Knife at each and every touchpoint.
• Exhibit strong interpersonal skills; The ability to genuinely and proactively interact with other team members and effectively communicate, both verbally and in written formats.
• Demonstrate friendliness, ambition and flexibility in a fast-paced service environment; Perform all duties and responsibilities with a smile, professionalism and energy. Strong listening skills and the ability and willingness to take direction is vital.
• Maintain a prideful approach with respect to your personal appearance and language at all times.
• Know and comply with all safety and sanitation policies, standards, and procedures that apply to your role. Actively participate in all required training and safety meetings. A commitment to safety for both our Guests and team members is a priority.
• Commit to timeliness. You are expected to report to work on time at the scheduled start of your work shift. Reporting to work on time means that you are ready to start work, not just arriving at your scheduled start time. You are responsible for consistent, dependable transportation to and from work.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Prepare and load/unload delivery van for distribution and food and supplies to/from the restaurant to warehouse. Put stock away, sort, stack, and rotate inventory.
• Maintain necessary paperwork associated with deliveries; Keep up-to-date and routine inventory level records; Correctly logging movement of product and notating when items are transferred between locations
• Maintain a clean and organized work/warehouse area; Store food and supplies in an organized manner adhering to proper First-In, First-Out (FIFO) procedures.
• Preform daily inspections of vehicle and operate vehicle to the fullest extent of all traffic laws; Must observe safe driving practices; Fill fuel tank, wash and perform or schedule minor preventative maintenance (oil change/tire rotation, etc.)
• Perform duties of Dishwasher/Kitchen Steward as requested based on business needs
• Requires a current and valid State of Florida Driver’s License
• Ability to safely lift up to 50 pounds; Ability to manually move, lift, carry, pull, and/or push heavy objects and materials
• Ability to walk and stand for long durations; Also, to stoop, kneel, bend, and/or reach repeatedly.
• Ability to work scheduled hours, including weekdays, weekends, and holidays; Flexibility will be necessary
• Ability to read safety procedures, and operating guidelines & instructions in English