The Glass Knife is an exciting, new dining concept. As a blend of both quick and full-service, it is our vision to bring a truly unique experience to Winter Park with a standout offering that features the perfect combination of sweet treats and savory fare.
Our sophisticated yet approachable destination will re-define the level of artistry, precision and service in our community. Whether it’s where a Guest chooses to start their morning, close out their evening or celebrate a special moment with family and friends, our ultimate mission is for The Glass Knife to be as familiar and welcoming as mom’s own kitchen table. We need your help.
Competencies & Expectations for All Roles at The Glass Knife:
• Display a passion for what you do and a drive to improve.
• Provide unprecedented customer service to all Guests of The Glass Knife at each and every touchpoint.
• Exhibit strong interpersonal skills; The ability to genuinely and proactively interact with Guests & other team members and effectively communicate, both verbally and in written formats.
• Demonstrate friendliness, ambition, creativity and flexibility in a fast-paced service environment; Perform all duties and responsibilities with a smile, professionalism and energy. Strong listening skills and the ability and willingness to take direction is vital.
• Maintain a prideful approach with respect to your personal appearance and language at all times.
• Display a passion for in-depth food & beverage product knowledge and a commitment to learning key elements of the “story” behind The Glass Knife, its products, services, retail offerings and interior design aspects.
• Display personal and Brand integrity; Understand and adhere to all policies, procedures and brand standards of The Glass Knife.
• Know and comply with all safety and sanitation policies, standards, and procedures that apply to your role. Actively participate in all required training and safety meetings. A commitment to safety for both our Guests and team members is a priority.
• Commit to timeliness. You are expected to report to work on time at the scheduled start of your work shift. Reporting to work on time means that you are ready to start work, not just arriving at your scheduled start time. You are responsible for consistent, dependable transportation to and from work.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Wash dishes, glassware, flatware, pots, or pans, using dishwashers or by hand
• Maintain kitchen work areas, equipment, or utensils in clean and orderly condition
• Place clean dishes, utensils, or cooking equipment in storage areas. Rotate dishes to reduce wear and tear on resources
• Sort and remove trash, placing it in designated pickup areas; Clean garbage cans with water or steam
• Sweep or scrub floors; Clean food preparation areas, facilities, or equipment
• Stock supplies, such as food or utensils, in serving stations, cupboards, or refrigerators
• Receive and store supplies; Load or unload trucks that deliver or pick up food or supplies
• Transfer supplies or equipment between storage and work areas, by hand or using hand trucks
• Keep a sanitized and orderly environment throughout the restaurant; Follow sanitation policies at all times
• Performs other duties and side-work as assigned
Qualifications & Required Experience:
• Previous food and beverage steward and/or dishwashing experience
• Ability to read safety procedures, and operating guidelines & instructions in English
• Ability to walk and stand for long durations
• Ability to safely lift up to 25 pounds
• Ability to work scheduled hours, including weekdays, weekends, and holidays