General responsibility for the upkeep, repair and maintenance of all equipment, vehicles and shop for the Golf Course Maintenance Department.
• Lubricates and services all course maintenance equipment.
• Maintains service records for all equipment.
• Inspects, diagnoses, and repairs mechanical defects in automobiles, trucks, sweepers, rollers, mowers, and other mechanical equipment used in landscaping maintenance.
• Tears down motors and performs general overhauling.
• Repairs transmissions, differentials, carburetors, distributors, fuel pumps, steering systems, starters, generators, universal joints, sirens, hydraulic systems, and high pressure pumps and valves.
• Installs and adjusts brakes.
• Installs batteries, tires, wiring, and glass.
• May do some machining or welding work in making fittings used in automotive equipment.
• May do occasional automotive type painting or body and fender work.
• Establishes and maintains safety procedures for using equipment.
• Trains operators in care of new equipment.
• Responsible for the proper cleanliness and organization of equipment, shop, tools, and supply rooms.
• Does mower grinding/sharpening.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Previous experience of three (3) years at a golf course
• Must have working knowledge of light and heavy construction and maintenance equipment and automotive apparatus.
• Must be skilled in the use of a variety of equipment repair tools.
• Must be skilled in various types of mechanical repairs listed above.
• Must have knowledge of the theory, care, and operation of internal combustion engines.
• Must have the ability to diagnose mechanical troubles and determine appropriate maintenance work.
• Must be in good physical condition to perform above job duties. Duties require long periods of standing, kneeling, squatting, bending, and lifting requirements of up to 50 pounds.
• Must have high tolerance to work long hours in the sun and heat and inclement weather.
• Must have ability to maintain cooperative working relationships with other employees, management and the public.
• Must have a valid Florida Driver’s License.
• Must be insurable for automobile insurance with company’s auto insurance carrier.
• Must be able to read, write and communicate effectively in English
This description does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this position. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duty requested by the supervisor.