The Human Resource Generalist will oversee the Human Resource department’s policies and procedures and run the daily functions of department including hiring staff, administering pay, benefits, and manage employee communications.
Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, professional licensure, and aptitude exams and certifications.
• Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
• Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
• Implements new hire orientation and employee recognition programs.
• Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
• Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
• Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
• Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
• Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
• Takes ownership and performs other duties as assigned.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
• A passionate eye for detail, superior organizational skills, and attention to detail.
• Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to maintain and exceed rigid deadlines.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• High Standards to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
• Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
• Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
• Advanced Excel skills and Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
• Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent
• May oversee the scheduling, assignments, and daily workflow of subordinate staff in the department.
• May assist with constructive and timely performance evaluations.
• Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
• Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
• Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities.