Provides cashier services through direct customer interaction at time of purchase. Position must be versed in all product lines including food, food combinations and all available beverages. Position also handles incoming phone calls therefore requiring Cashier to be versed on hours of operation, directions, food combinations for to-go orders and complete understanding of the computer system.
- Ability to conduct a full transaction from order to payment with each guest.
- Alerts management IMMEDIATELY, if there is any suspicion that a guest is intoxicated and should be refused service for their safety and the safety of others.
- Strong communication skills in use of answering phones, addressing guest questions and communicating with management when assistance is needed.
- Has a good working knowledge of restaurant, e.g. hours of operation, directions to the restaurant, food & beverage menu selections, general restaurant information (credit cards accepted, check policies, take-out programs, etc.)
- Strong coordination skills to arrange guest’s orders as they are completed.
- Able to count change back to guests and/or otherwise complete the transaction.
- Attempts to resolve all guest complaints, striving for a flawless recovery to build brand loyalty. Advises management IMMEDIATELY of any guest complaint.
- Notifies management of need for additional assistance as business dictates.
- Proficient at the computer system ordering process, adjustments to the orders and identification of all food items on the computer system.
- Acknowledge guests as they leave and invite them to come back to the restaurant.
- Ensures a harassment free environment through proper personal conduct.
- Upholds safety and security standards at all times.
- Completes assigned weekly cleaning projects.
- Maintains professional restaurant image, including restaurant cleanliness, proper uniforms, and appearance standards.
- Complete other job duties as assigned by the Manager.
Minimum 6 months experience working as a Cashier in a similar restaurant concept.
Experience with Point of Sale (POS) systems and computers (restaurant or similar)
Previous experience at direct guest interaction
Lives our Core Values & Disciplines.
Friendly, out-going and pleasant/smiles easily.
Inspires cooperation and teamwork through self-confidence, positive attitude, and enthusiasm.
Able to remain positive and calm under stressful conditions.
Strong commitment to serving others.
Willing to extend themselves to the guests they serve – Wanting to become friends with their guests – Hospitable.
Genuinely warm and sensitive/polite.
Exhibits neat, clean and professional image at all times.
During a typical shift a front of the house Team Member will have intense guest contact and be involved in moderately to very stressful situations.
Cashiers must work well with limited supervision within their specific position functions but must be highly interactive with other Team Members to accomplish work.