Washes dishes, silverware, pots/pans, glasses and other kitchen service ware and equipment following established Company procedures. This position is also responsible for maintenance, cleanliness and upkeep of the restaurant and related equipment. Dishwasher assists with exterior building cleanliness, dining room/rest room cleanliness, trash removal, and other duties as assigned by management.
- Cleans and sanitizes the work area before, during, and after shift.
- Proper operation of dish machine, following equipment guidelines and Company policies and procedures. Ensures the proper stocking and use of all necessary chemicals.
- Proper set-up of pot/pan washing area, ensuring proper stocking and use of all necessary chemicals.
- Cleaning and sanitizing of dishes, silverware, pots/pans, glasses, and other restaurant service-ware and equipment following established Company guidelines.
- Assists in re-stocking cooks and service areas with clean service-ware and equipment as necessary to help ensure efficient guest service.
- Assists in cleanliness, maintenance and organization of back-of-house areas, e.g. back dock areas, employee break rooms, kitchen production areas.
- Assists in the cleanliness, maintenance, and organization of all back-of-house storage areas.
- Assists in putting away all product deliveries, following proper storage, labeling and rotation guidelines.
- Completes all assigned prep work within assigned time lines.
- Completes assigned daily and weekly cleaning projects.
- Practices sanitary and safe food handling at all times.
- Sets up work station for maximum productivity and efficiency.
- Prepares all food according to Spoleto recipes, plate presentations, and specifications.
- Mentally prioritizes tasks to maximize use of time.
- Dates, labels, and rotates all products.
- Ensures a harassment free environment through proper personal conduct.
- Upholds safety and security standards at all times.
- Maintains professional restaurant image, including restaurant cleanliness, proper uniform, and appearance standards.
- Complete other job duties as assigned by the Manager.
Willing to train the right candidate. Entry level position for those looking for their first job. Experience working in similar positions within restaurant industry is a huge plus.
Maintains a Valid Serv Safe Health Card or equivalent
Lives our Core Values & Disciplines.
Capable of using knives, slicing equipment, and other food preparation equipment safely.
Able to respond in emergency situations to avoid imminent dangers to self and others.
Attention to detail.
Ability to read and follow recipes in the manner in which they are written.
Inspires cooperation and teamwork through self-confidence, positive attitude, and enthusiasm.
Able to remain positive and calm under stressful conditions.
Genuinely warm and sensitive/polite.
Exhibits neat, clean and professional image at all times.
Team Members must work well with limited supervision within their specific position functions but must be highly interactive with other Team Members to accomplish work.