Guest Services Associates are responsible for insuring our guests have a great time at the South Carolina Aquarium. This position is responsible for greeting and interacting with our guests while assisting their entrance and exit through various experiences at the South Carolina Aquarium. Daily activities involve rotating through key positions throughout the building from welcoming guests at the entrance to managing the flow of guests through the 4-D theatre.
• Have fun interacting with our guests in various positions:
o Welcome all guests and assist in entry by taking tickets, greeting, or verifying re-entry.
o Thank all guests for visiting and provide hand stamps for re-entry.
o Assist guests in entering the 4-D theater by managing the queue, answering questions, and distributing 3-D glasses.
o Assist guests in exiting the 4-D theater and managing the daily handling of 3-D glasses.
o Graciously direct and facilitate traffic through Admissions, efficiently handling crowds and the logistics associated with their control.
• Provide our guests with information on daily programs, exhibits and Charleston area attractions.
• Promote memberships, Adopt-An-Animal, behind the scenes tours and other Aquarium fundraising programs to guests.
• Assist with customer care, including but not limited to: first aid, fire evacuations and lost and found.
• Maintain the safety, cleanliness and organization of all work and break areas, both in view of the general public and behind the scenes
• Maintain constant interaction with our guests to ensure an excellent visitor experience
• Assist Aquarium guests in a variety of posts and responsibilities from taking tickets to assisting in the organization of our daily responsibilities.
• Adhere to the South Carolina Aquarium Policies & Procedures.
• Weekend and holiday work required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Positive, fun, and optimistic personality
• Must be comfortable working in a high energy environment with heavy public contact
• Ability to work in a constantly changing environment, take initiative and be adaptable
• Ability to speak in front of groups and individuals
• Ability to maintain courteous manner, be flexible and solve problems under a variety of circumstances
• Must be punctual and reliable
• Must enjoy the team environment and interaction with coworkers and guests
• Must be committed to providing enthusiastic customer service at all time
• Interest in learning about the Aquarium’s animals and programs
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
• Minimum of one-year in hospitality/tourist based operation preferred.
LICENSED & CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Requires walking, standing, bending, stooping, crouching, carrying up to 25 lbs, sitting, pushing and pulling, computer and phone tasks.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
WORKING CONDITIONS: Requires working outdoors, contact with public, rotating shifts, working weekends and required to carry a radio.