• Cooks work in the following areas and may be assigned to one or more areas – assist sauté, grill, fry, salads, raw bar, expo & prep
• read menus including comprehension of basic measurements and equivalents
• Able to multi-task and work efficiently, effectively, accurately and quickly to maintain stock of menu items within assigned area
• Understand mise en place
• Work clean & efficiently
• Have a clean appearance, apron, hat, SoDel shirt or chef coat, SoDel standards
• Treat all coworkers with respect
Essential Job Functions:
• Read menus to accurately and quickly prepare menu items for the day and in accordance with projected ratios no later than 10 minutes prior to opening unit
• Visually observe food and discard food. Track and inform management of any food items discarded
• Keep assigned area clean and walk-ins, reach-ins clutter free with restaurant issued cleaning supplies
• Maintain master knowledge of food items and recipes to prepare food.
Other Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Be flexible and able to assist, including preparation and closing in all areas in the back of house when needed.
• When closing, discard, restock and maintain all food items.
• Transition next shift cook on current day’s progress, menu items and set-ups completed.
• Prepare set-ups, maintain organized walk-ins, complete cleaning/operational checklists.
• Maintain attendance in accordance with the employee handbook.
• Other duties, tasks and/or projects as assigned.
Cooks will regularly stand for long periods of time, bend, stoop, turn, lift, talk, walk, walk on uneven ground, carry and lift up to fifty (50) pounds. Team lift is required for anything over twenty-five (25) pounds or any awkward lifting.