The Assistant Manager is responsible for keeping our restaurant exceptionally clean and well-run. He or she will assist the General Manager in the day-to-day restaurant operations and in managing the staff. These duties will include executing company policies, procedures, and programs. As the Assistant Manager, you will report directly to the General Manager. Some of your responsibilities may include but will not be limited to: • Comply with food safety procedures • Work with management team to meet sales goals • Manage food and labor costs • Execute company policies and procedures • Monitor food inventory levels • Manage and maintain safe working conditions • Manage crew member employees • Interview and recommend crew members for hiring • Provide proper training for crew members • Maintain fast, accurate service and provide top-notch customer service to every guest that comes into our restaurant The Assistant Manager will help to support the company by creating and maintaining an excellent work environment by providing leadership, direction, and development to subordinate supervisors and team members alike.
Experience in business management is preferred but not required. The ability to motivate co-workers, & excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
Specific Duties: • Report to work as scheduled, on time, well-groomed and dressed in proper uniform. • Completes opening and closing side duties and checklists as assigned and provided by management. • Slices fruit and vegetable garnishes at a prescribed par level each day and maintains back up mixers as instructed by pars and set by management team • Stocks juices, ice, alcohol, beer, wine, and any other product needed to properly and efficiently operate the bar. • Keeps the bar area, alcohol storage areas, bar floor, bar top etc clean and free of debris, dirty glassware, plates, silverware and trash. • Perform any other tasks as assigned by Lead bartender or Manager. Tolerance to extremely high volume business and stressful situations. OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: • Ability to operate necessary electrical or mechanical devices adhering to all safety rules. • Ability to maintain proper attitude, professionalism, and teamwork in areas of customer service and restaurant operations. • Ability to tolerate cleaning solutions on a regular basis and extreme temperatures throughout shift.
Must be 21 years of age. Ability to lift 30 lb. regularly and 50 lb. occasionally. Ability to work in an environment with frequent interruptions and customer interactions. Ability to work in walk in cooler for up to one hour.
Nights and Weekends
Mixes and, in a responsible manner, serves alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks as well as food. Serve bar and dining room guests in a courteous and timely manner. Specific Duties: • Mixes ingredients such as liquor, soda, water and juices to prepare alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages in such portions and in a proper glassware. • Serves and pours wine, bottled beer and draft beer according to proportions and in proper glassware. • Follows all PLCB laws to ensure guests are not over served, becoming intoxicated over the legal limit. Alerts Manager should a guess appear intoxicated and reacts accordingly. • Interacts verbally with all bar guests as well as dining room guests creating a friend and upbeat atmosphere. • Completes opening and closing side duties and checklists as assigned. • Serves food and drink to all bar guests as well as assists with dining room guests if needed. • Slices fruit and vegetable garnishes at a prescribed par level each day. • Stocks juices, ice, alcohol, beer, wine, and any other product needed to properly and efficiently operate the bar. • Keeps the bar area, including bar top, floor and storage areas, clean and free of debris, dirty glassware, plates, silverware and trash.
Must be 21 years of age.
Our Dishwashers are organized, efficient and provide clean and safe dishes and small wares for restaurant operations. The dish room is kept clean at all times and strict sanitation requirements are followed. Key Responsibilities: • Ability to safely operate a commercial dish machine • Ability to manage safe use of chemicals for cleaning and sanitizing • Ability to re-stock and move effortlessly between active cook lines • Cleaning and organizing duties are completed accurately and on time • Minimum food prep requirements • Ensure proper food safety and sanitation standards to ensure guest safety • Follow recipe and presentation guidelines to meet or exceed guests' expectations
Personal Requirements: • Must have strong work ethic and reliability • Ability to work positively in a fast-paced environment • Ability to work effectively within a team • Ability to be on your feet and alert for extended periods of time • Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. as needed • Continuous use of hands and arms • Continuous bending, reaching and twisting • Maintains strong personal image and uniform standards • Ability to assist in prep when needed • Ability to keep busy • Ability to monitor trash and keep back door clean and free of debris
Assists both Front-of-the-House and Back-of-the-House staff by delivering food / bussing items to guests' tables in a timely manner. Essential Duties and Responsibilities • Maintains high knowledge regarding company's products, availability, specials, services offered, current & upcoming events, etc.; effectively communicates such to guests • Serves as food quality inspector to ensure final product preparations align with company standards before delivering items to guests • Delivers food items in a timely manner to ensure optimum food temperature when it reaches the guests • Greets guests when approaching table and matches food items with the correct guests • Communicates any relevant messages to servers and/or bartenders regarding guests' requests/needs • Sets up and breaks down work station in accordance to department procedures and standards • Maintains adequate par levels of condiments, garnishes and other related items. Preps condiments as needed Ensures work station is organized and clean at all times • Completes all opening, running and closing duties as assigned • Complies with uniform standards Customer Service: Provides exceptional customer service to each guest on every occasion in order to achieve customer satisfaction. Looks for opportunities to exceed customer expectations and offers assistance accordingly. Displays genuine hospitality and courteousness on a consistent basis. Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty/responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be 14 years of age.
Cultivate your career with a hosting job at SoDel Concepts! Located in Coastal Delaware, SoDel Concepts creates beautiful, simple food in clean, welcoming environments for guests to savor fresh fish and chef-driven specials daily. We offer the opportunity to demonstrate your expertise and work as part of a team in an exceptional restaurant! Our Hosts are the first & last people our guests interact with when they enter and leave our restaurants, and they are vital to a successful service. Our ideal candidate for a host is an energetic, knowledgeable, and hard-working team player. The host controls the restaurant's flow and is the key to a guest's outstanding experience by maintaining balance during dining service.
• Passionate about hosting and supporting a quality experience • Guest-centric and eager to grow, personally and as part of our team • Enthusiastic about beautiful, simple food and hospitality! • Knowledgeable about how to seat in rotation • Engaged & aware of atmosphere – always willing to work as part of a team • Genuine and able to connect with guests and diffuse stressful situations • Filled with integrity and the ability to make decisions to support and inspire those around you • Punctual, prepared, and professional • Experienced with operating a POS station, including being responsible for cash handling, is a plus!
Core Competencies: • Cooks work in the following areas and may be assigned to one or more areas – assist sauté, grill, fry, salads, raw bar, expo & prep • read menus including comprehension of basic measurements and equivalents • Able to multi-task and work efficiently, effectively, accurately and quickly to maintain stock of menu items within assigned area • Understand mise en place • Work clean & efficiently • Have a clean appearance, apron, hat, SoDel shirt or chef coat, SoDel standards • Treat all coworkers with respect Essential Job Functions: • Read menus to accurately and quickly prepare menu items for the day and in accordance with projected ratios no later than 10 minutes prior to opening unit • Visually observe food and discard food. Track and inform management of any food items discarded • Keep assigned area clean and walk-ins, reach-ins clutter free with restaurant issued cleaning supplies • Maintain master knowledge of food items and recipes to prepare food. Other Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: • Be flexible and able to assist, including preparation and closing in all areas in the back of house when needed. • When closing, discard, restock and maintain all food items. • Transition next shift cook on current day’s progress, menu items and set-ups completed. • Prepare set-ups, maintain organized walk-ins, complete cleaning/operational checklists. • Maintain attendance in accordance with the employee handbook. • Other duties, tasks and/or projects as assigned.
Cooks will regularly stand for long periods of time, bend, stoop, turn, lift, talk, walk, walk on uneven ground, carry and lift up to fifty (50) pounds. Team lift is required for anything over twenty-five (25) pounds or any awkward lifting.
Porters are responsible for making sure the restaurant looks presentable to the public. They help uphold the image of the restaurant by performing basic maintenance tasks including trash removal, restroom cleanliness and overall property upkeep. • Maintaining sanitation standards • Sweeping, mopping and deck brushing floors • Raking the restaurant beach daily • Dusting, both standard heights and higher areas • Maintain dish room, clean, wash and organize • Maintain cleanliness of bathrooms • Power washing, experience preferred but not required • Touch up painting • Maintaining parking lot free of weeds and debris, water plants as needed • Maintaining the exterior of the restaurant • Putting up beach umbrellas on beach daily
Lift and carry up to 25 pounds Be able to use a ladder safely
Cultivate your career with a Prep Cook job at SoDel Concepts! Located in Coastal Delaware, SoDel Concepts creates beautiful, simple food in clean, welcoming environments for guests to savor fresh fish and chef-driven specials daily. We offer the opportunity to demonstrate your expertise and work as part of a team in an exceptional restaurant! Our Prep Cooks are essential because they ensure mise-en-place, that everything is in its place, at the start of service. Our Prep Cooks portion and efficiently prepare our recipes to standard in our kitchens to guarantee that beautiful, simple food is plated for our guests to enjoy. They also ensure the highest food safety, and quality protocol is being adhered to. As a Prep Cook at SoDel Concepts, you will enjoy a career path that challenges you as a culinary team member and facilitates your development growth. Please apply to join our team if you are excited to:
• Be passionate about beautiful, simple food and hospitality! • Bring a positive and communicative attitude to your team • Prepare food items, following standard recipes and procedures within a specified time • Read a prep list and prep items as assigned while maintaining a clean workspace • Always adhere to proper food safety and sanitation standards to ensure guest safety • Correctly measure and assemble ingredients required for preparing the standard • Clean, organize, stock, and maintain work area, walk-in refrigerator, reach-in refrigerator, cooler drawers, prep, and dry storage area, which may include bending, reaching, stooping, twisting, lifting (at times ~50 lbs.), and working with cleaning agents • Cook on an open flame stove and move food in/out of industrial ovens • Be a vital part of a respectful team environment where diversity is valued
Security is regularly the first and last person our patrons see. They are employed for the safety and security of all guests and staff and must work tirelessly to ensure the patrons nights are fun and exciting. Security plays a key role in the safe operation of our business as a visible and powerful force for order. Security must also operate in the background as much as possible as silent observers. Our security spends much of their time monitoring and “reading” the crowd for possible problems as well as intervening in certain volatile situations and extracting difficult customers. Responsibilities: • Greeting patrons and checking IDs • Collecting cover charges when applicable • Providing a secure and safe environment for all staff and guests • Monitoring bar perimeter for safety concerns and reporting risks to a manager immediately • Assessing customer aggressions and/ or intoxication levels and diverting situations calmly that may arise • Maintaining a clean environment in down time for the property while providing other security duties Skills: Physically Fit Ability to assess threats and over-intoxication by guests Comfortable talking to people must be able to divert a situation with words and not physical contact unless absolutely necessary Ability to manage multiple people and situations while maintaining composure Previous experience within the field preferred
Must be 21 years of age. Ability to lift 30 lb. regularly and 50 lb. occasionally Ability to work in an environment with frequent interruptions and customer interaction
Available for Nights and Weekends Shifts
This position is accountable for the following areas: take and deliver food and beverage orders to customers in a timely and efficient manner; respect and show courtesy towards customers; exceptional customer service to our customers; proper wear of uniforms and personal hygiene; complete all sidework thoroughly and efficiently. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: • Report to work as scheduled, on time, well-groomed and dressed in proper uniform. • Greet, seat and serve guests in a prompt, friendly, professional way. • Know all abbreviations of food items. • Be familiar with specials and soups of the day prior to starting the shift. • Take food and drink orders promptly and accurately. • Pickup orders in window and deliver completed meals to correct customers in a timely manner. • Check back with customers to ensure satisfaction with food and service, refill drinks, and take any additional orders. • Ring up bills and deliver to customers. Check out customers at cash register. • Handle customer complaints in a calm, courteous manner. Inform supervisor of any customer complaints or suggestions. • Restock service areas. • Keep service areas clean and complete all assigned cleaning tasks. • Advise Lead Line Server of any personnel situations or policy violations having an adverse effect on restaurant operating performance. • Knowledge of food & wine NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES: • Respond quickly to sweeping and mopping up messes. • Bus tables when busy. • Perform any other tasks as assigned by Lead Line Server or Manager. OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: • Ability to operate all electrical or mechanical devices adhering to all safety rules. • Ability to maintain proper attitude, professionalism, and teamwork in areas of customer service and restaurant operations. • Ability to tolerate cleaning solutions on a regular basis.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Ability to lift 30 lb. regularly and 50 lb. occasionally. ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Ability to work in an environment with frequent interruptions and customer interaction. Ability to work in cooler for up to one hour. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or related experience preferred but not required; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Additional experience in area of food server desired but not required.
• Supervise all back of house employees • Uses labor dollars and menu costing programs to assist chef with controlling labor and food cost • Assist chef in planning menus, ordering supplies, and keeping records and accounts • Checking in all purchased supplies upon delivery for FOH and BOH
• Supervise all BOH employees throughout shift • Direct and coordinate assignments of BOH staff • Monitor work performance of all BOH employees • Oversee work progress and verify/enforce safety and conformance to standards of BOH staff • Modify work procedures or processes to meet deadlines, increase efficiency • Maintain production records • Determine food costs and pricing with chef • Frequently inspect facilities and equipment for regulatory compliance • Plan menus and special events as needed • Update menu engineering • Assist chef in updating and costing out specials as needed • Requisition stock, materials, supplies or equipment from vendors as needed • Resolve or assist workers in resolving conflicts in the workplace
• Determine production schedules and staff requirements necessary to ensure timely • Delivery of services • Recruit and hire staff, including cooks and other restaurant workers • Working on line during shift • Supervise and coordinate activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation • Analyze recipes to assign prices to menu items, based on food, labor, and overhead costs • Collaborate with other personnel to plan and develop recipes and menus, taking into account such factors as seasonal availability of ingredients and the likely number of customers • Plan, direct, and supervise the food preparation and cooking activities • Continually check the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met • Check the quantity and quality of received products • Order or requisition food and other supplies needed to ensure efficient operation • Oversee all orders placed and received • Record production and operational data on specified forms for equipment requests and maintenance repairs • Monitor sanitation practices to ensure that employees follow standards and regulations • Instruct cooks and other workers in the preparation, cooking, garnishing, and presentation of food • Determine how food should be presented, and create food displays that conform to standards • Inspect supply areas, equipment, and work stations for cleanliness and organization • Demonstrate new cooking techniques and equipment to staff