Perform skilled mechanical maintenance duties in the inspection, repair, installation and alteration of District heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration systems and related equipment and facilities; perform preventive maintenance and routine servicing of equipment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
1. Inspect, repair, modify and install HVAC equipment including boilers, furnaces, and air conditioning compressors, receivers, condensers, forced air converter units, pumps, expansion valves and capillary tubes.
2. Conduct regular preventive maintenance inspections of units isolated heating and ventilating units, including boilers, gas, API, and electrically operated heating and air conditioning equipment, and make necessary adjustments or repairs; service and repair evaporative coolers.
3. Repair or replace defective parts in units and equipment and their controls, including, but not limited to: thermostats, automatic switches, fan controls, log switches, damper motors, louvers, relays, filters, controls, belts, compressors, heat exchangers, high limit controls, pressure controls, safety valves, and automatic gas valves.
4. Operate a variety of hand and power tools, torch, vacuum pump, test equipment utilized in the trade and a motor vehicle; maintain equipment in effective and safe working condition; maintain parts and tool inventory.
5. Perform skilled electrical maintenance work in the repair, installation and alteration of HVAC equipment, components, timers, motors and wiring systems as needed.
6. Test and examine boiler operations, observing meter and pressure gauges; conduct boiler water quality test and treatment; adjust boiler burner combustion.
7. Lubricate heating, ventilation, refrigeration, and air-conditioning motors, pumps, fans, and other equipment.
8. Occasionally assist on installs.
9. Solder, Braze, and glue pipes and fittings.
10. Install, replace or repair fans, motors, thermostats, fuses, filters, bearings, valves, controls, gaskets, and other equipment as necessary.
Required Education and Experience
1. High school diploma or G.E.D. Certificate
2. Valid Pennsylvania driver's license
3. Minimum of three (3) years experience, five (5) years preferred
Preferred Education and Experience
1. NORA Silver Certification or equivalent
2. EPA Certification
3. NATE Certification is desired and required once employed for 1 year