Job you are applying for:
Oil Burner Technician
at the following location(s):
JJ Powell Corporate 199 - Philipsburg, PA
The Job you are looking for is no longer available. Click Get Started to search for another job.
View Job Description
Perform skilled mechanical maintenance duties in the inspection, repair, and related equipment and facilities; perform preventive maintenance and routine servicing of equipment.
The following are essential functions of the job:
1. Coordinates with supervisor and other tradesmen for the purpose of completing projects/work orders efficiently.
2. Learn how to diagnoses problems and/or failures in heating/air conditioning / refrigeration systems for the purpose of identifying equipment and/or systems repair and replacement needs.
3. Learn how to install and repair heating/air conditioning/refrigeration equipment and systems (e.g. coils, pumps, controls, electric motors, etc.) for the purpose of providing comfort.
4. Maintains tools and/or equipment for the purpose of ensuring the availability of equipment in safe operating conditions.
5. Learn how to operate controls for the purpose of setting time schedules, heating and cooling settings, pump operations, and troubleshooting system failures.
6. Learn how to properly prepare written materials (e.g. work orders, bids, equipment inventory, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written support and/or conveying information.
7. Driving equipment, material removal, warehouse stocking, maintenance and cleaning, power vacuuming of furnace systems, and interacting with customers.
8. Regularly clean and overhaul all oil-burner and related equipment (fuel pumps, blowers, vents, duct work, etc.) on a regular basis.
9. Test all overhauled and re-built oil-burners to ensure units are safe and in good working order.
10. Maintain, repair and install customers’ oil heat equipment and other HVAC equipment.
11. Perform annual maintenance/efficiency tune-ups.
12. Ensure timely and safe performance of service calls.
13. Provide prompt and courteous service to customers on a daily basis while ensuring environmental compliance on every call.
1. Valid driver’s license
2. Clean driving record
3. High school diploma
4. Minimum of one (1) year experience (3 years preferred) in the field and knowledge of oil burner operations and parts