The General Manager, Central Production Unit is responsible for all kitchen and distribution operations at the Snap Kitchen Central Production Unit in our market. The Executive Chef, Production Manager, Distribution Manager and Food Quality Manager all report to the GM, CPU. The General Manager, CPU will play an integral role in the company by coaching and motivating Back of House and Distribution staff to meet deadlines in a timely manner and ensure that overall operations run smoothly. The role currently reports to the VP of Kitchen Operations.
• Management of Dallas market Kitchen Management and kitchen staff, including interviewing, hiring, training, continual evaluation and development, staff retention, and disciplinary actions if necessary
• Commitment to excellence in learning new and existing menu item recipes and procedures created by the Concept Chef, and ensuring perfection in execution
• Continual refinement of cooking techniques handed down from Concept Chef to implement at market level
• Development of practices that ensure consistency of product sourcing, precise recipe execution, and packaging consistency according to the brand’s standards
• Completion of timely sales forecasting enabling kitchens to staff accordingly, order correctly, and produce food without excess or deficit
• Implementation of processes designed to manage food cost, packaging materials cost, labor cost, and distribution cost
• Responsibility for food cost, packaging materials cost, supplies, labor and distribution costs
• Completion of all reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner
• Maintain and comply with companies hygiene and food safety standards.
• Maintain Compliance with accounting inventory practices in all kitchens
• Management of employee performance review process to ensure all are completed on a timely manner
• Excellence in knowledge of brand standards and policies
• Oversight of proper food cooking, holding, and refrigeration temperature control points
• Development of logistics guidelines to help manage fleet and transportation costs
• At least ten years in a Kitchen Management or similar role required
• A solid understanding of Lean Manufacturing principals
• Must have the ability to identify lean manufacturing initiatives and improvement processes.
• Must be comfortable communicating with all members of the senior leadership team.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds
This is your chance to be a part of a truly exciting organization with a passion for people, food and life. Snap Kitchen is a rapidly growing company and always aims to promote from within. Being a part of our team provides you with the opportunity for advancement, Health coverage (including dental and vision) and most importantly a generous food allowance!