Cooking Protein 70%
Assisting with Prep 20%
Cleaning/Removing Debris 10%
We are seeking candidates who have experience in batch protein cooking, knowledge of seafood, as well as experience or interest in sustainable food production. As a Protein Cook it is your responsibility to ensure that each of Snap’s meat, fish and poultry are marinated correctly, cooked to our gold standards and meet our quality standards. Snap Kitchen is not a typical high stress restaurant environment utilizing split shifts. Our kitchens are commissary kitchens which do not rely on orders to stay busy. Every production kitchen has a daily production target to support our stores in the local area, your schedule is set to facilitate our production needs along with regular working hours.
• Prep, clean, trim and marinate Snap Kitchen’s fresh meats and seafood per our
recipes and standards.
• Have great knife skills
• Working with and ability to cut, portion and handle local "grass fed" meat and
poultry, and sustainable seafood
• Meet high volume production schedule – cooking between 200-500lbs of protein per
• Experience using production sheets and HACCP records
• Attend daily briefings in-service and safety meetings
• Maintain good working relationships with coworkers, customers, administrators and
• Adhere to all safety and sanitation standards
• Currently possess and maintain food handler certifications for local municipality
• 1 years’ experience working within a batch or catering style kitchen
• Ability to use various measuring tools including digital scales and timers during
• Utilizes tools provided to accomplish tasks safely. (i.e. cutting boards, gloves, oven
• Ability to stand, stoop, kneel, wipe, reach, bend and lift over 40lbs
• Must be able to work for up to eight hours in a shift in a room set at 41 degrees
Fahrenheit or below.
• Exposure to some potential food allergens such as shrimp, soy, nuts/nut products,
• Must be able to perform duties that require standing for long periods of time and fast
• Ability to multi-task and handle multiple priorities during the shift