The Warehouse Supervisor will support the Warehouse Manager in the safety, timely and cost-effective execution of all warehouse processes including receiving, storing, maintaining, arranging and presenting material throughout the distribution centre. In addition, the Warehouse Supervisor will directly supervise a team of warehouse supervisors and be responsible for the overall performance of the department.
• Receive, ship, store and distribute product and/or material within the warehouse.
• Supervise on-hand inventory for production while keeping a reasonable days on hand
• Implement best-in-class working procedures and physical layout for our warehouse.
• Fulfil deliveries efficiently and safely.
• Supervise a warehouse team of approximately 14 employees.
• Maintain security of warehouse location.
• Maintain fixture storage area and cleanliness of space.
• Adhere to Food Safety and Quality Experienced in quality concepts governed by FDA and USDA (HACCP).
• Managed deliveries to a production (internal customers) through an internal delivery system (requisitions,
decent, push & pull system)
• Defined vendor delivery schedule to reduce Days on Hand and increase Dock and Receivers/warehouse
• Supervised elements of SCO (Supply Chain Optimization) to: Reduce cost, Increase Utilization, Reduce Waste,
Improve Quality and Productivity by using lean manufacturing principles.
• Ensured workers safety while minimizing on the job injuries. Adhered to Food Safety & Quality and was
accountable for product traceability from warehouse receipt to final delivery.
• Ensure proper handling of all warehouse equipment including such as baler, electric pallet jack and forklifts.
• Ensure absolute quality is being received from suppliers, maintains supplier communication and follow ups
• Create and maintain excellent metrics and tracking of incidents
• Support in the management of our Warehouse Management System
• High school diploma or equivalency degree. University degree a plus
• 3-5 years of warehouse experience within the fresh food industry
• Thrives in a fast growing company
• Experience managing a team
• Forklift certified
• Experience improving KPIs
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Experience using/implementing a Warehouse Management System, to manage orders and inventory
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds without reasonable accommodation
• Flexible availability to work weekends
• Ability to adapt to the ever-changing high volume retail while working in a cross-functional team environment.
• Ability to enter the cold room, thereby being subjected to cold temperatures for extended periods of time
• Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus
NOTE: Snap Kitchen is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy applies to all practices relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, discipline, transfer, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. While management is primarily responsible for seeing that Snap Kitchen equal employment opportunity policies are implemented, you share in the responsibility for assuring that, by your personal actions, the policies are effective.