Every Guest that chooses Ruby Tuesday is greeted by the Host with a warm smile and a personal welcome. The Host seats the Guest in the dining room. The flow of business throughout the dining area is controlled by the use of the wait sheet and the front door display system. These practices ensure prompt guest service, as well as manage the flow of orders into the kitchen.
Include, but are not limited to:
• Maintains a gracious, pleasant and friendly attitude, while contributing to a teamwork based environment.
• Takes pride in his or her personal appearance. Adheres to the Ruby Tuesday Dress Code Policy.
• Has a sincere and generous smile. Personally cares about each and every Guest.
• Welcomes each Guest to Ruby Tuesday in a hospitable, courteous, and friendly manner.
• Promptly seats the Guest in the dining room.
• Treats each child as special Guest. Takes care to provide each child with crayons, menus, coloring sheets, etc.
• Presents the menus and promotional materials to the Guest, while suggestively selling specific food, Garden Bar and beverage items.
• Uses the front door display system to help control kitchen and dining area traffic.
• Observes tables and keeps track of clean, dirty, and unoccupied tables.
• Takes the Guests’ information and accurately quotes wait when tables are not immediately available.
• Assists Servers and Bussers with clearing tables of dirty dishes, glass, and tableware. Cleans and resets tables and chairs according to Ruby Tuesday standards.
• Refills iced tea and water glasses as needed to assist servers.
• Delivers biscuits/muffins/bread as needed to assist servers.
• Answers and assists the Guest on the phone in a friendly, courteous manner answering any questions about the restaurant as well as suggestively selling TueGo/Delivery services.
• As the Guests depart, opens the door and invites the Guest to return.
Displays a demeanor of gracious hospitality at all times. Smiles and makes every Guest feel welcomed. Seats and presents the menus and promotional materials to each Guest in a professional and prompt manner. The Host suggests food and beverage items to every table while presenting the menus. Maintains and quotes accurate wait times to the Guest.
• Quality, passion and pride!
• Regular attendance is required.
• Position requires slip resistant shoes.
• Walks and stands during entire shift.
• Must reach, bend, stoop, lift, wipe and carry.
• Frequent washing of hands.
• Carries highchairs many times during the shift. These highchairs may weigh up to twenty pounds and may be carried to any location in the dining room.
• Interacts verbally with the Guest, both in person and on the telephone.
• Reading and writing skills required. Must be able to determine the wait time based on Ruby Tuesday procedures.
• Must visually scan the restaurant for clean, unoccupied tables.
• Hazards include, but are not limited to: cuts, tripping, slipping, falls, and burns.