Every Guest that chooses Ruby Tuesday should be seated at a clean, well organized table set to Ruby Tuesday standards.
The Busser is responsible for setting tables, clearing and cleaning tables, which is an important function to both the servers and guests.
Include, but are not limited to:
• Maintains a gracious, pleasant and friendly attitude, while contributing to a teamwork based environment.
• Takes pride in his or her personal appearance. Adheres to the Ruby Tuesday Dress Code Policy.
• Has a sincere and generous smile. Personally cares about each and every Guest.
• Observes tables and keeps track of clean, dirty, and unoccupied tables.
• Remove plates when guests are finished with their meal.
• Clears tables of dirty dishes, glass, and tableware. Clean and sweep around tables and reset tables according to Ruby Tuesday standards.
• Maintains service areas during the shift.
• Graciously accommodating Guests’ requests such as refilling beverages, extra silverware and napkins, etc.
• Refills iced tea and water glasses as needed to assist servers.
• Delivers biscuits/muffins/bread as needed to assist servers.
• Follows all safety and sanitation policies.
• When in the area where Guests are preparing to leave, invite them to return.
Displays a demeanor of gracious hospitality at all times. Smiles and makes every Guest feel welcomed at all times. Requires direct table service. Clearing and cleaning tables to Ruby Tuesday standards.
• Quality, passion and pride!
• Regular attendance is required.
• Position requires slip resistant shoes.
• Walks and stands during entire shift.
• Must reach, bend, stoop, lift, sweep, wipe and carry.
• Frequent washing of hands.
• Carries trays of dishes numerous times during the shift from the dining room to the kitchen, which may weigh as much as twenty-five pounds.
• Carries highchairs many times during the shift. These highchairs may weigh up to twenty pounds and may be carried to any location in the dining room.
• Interacts verbally with the Guest.
• Reading and writing skills required.
• Must visually scan the restaurant for clean, unoccupied tables.
• Hazards include, but are not limited to: cuts, tripping, slipping, falls, and burns.