Maintains the cleanliness of china, glassware, tableware, cooking utensils, and vessels by using both mechanical and manual cleaning methods according to the Ruby Tuesday standards.
Include, but are not limited to:
• Maintains a gracious, pleasant and friendly attitude, while contributing to a teamwork-based work environment.
• Takes pride in his or her personal appearance. Adheres to the Ruby Tuesday Dress Code Policy.
• Sorts and rinses dirty dishes, glasses, tableware, and other cooking utensils. Places these items in racks to send through the dish machine.
• Sorts and stacks clean dishes and carries them to the line.
• Washes pots, pans, and trays by hand.
• Sorts and removes trash and garbage to the dumpster.
• Sets up or breaks down the dishwashing area.
• Assembles/disassembles the dish machine
• Cleans and rolls/unrolls the mats.
• Fills/empties soak tubs with cleaning/sanitizing solutions.
• Sweeps/mops floors.
• Sweeps up trash around the exterior of the restaurant.
All of the dishes, glasses, and tableware are clean and sanitary for preparation and service of food items. The dish area is maintained in a clean, safe, and sanitary manner. Displays a gracious attitude toward all of the internal and external Guests.
• Commitment to quality, passion and pride!
• Regular attendance is required.
• Position requires slip resistant shoes.
• Must be able to read labels on chemicals.
• Works indoors 80 percent, outdoor 20 percent.
• Works in a changing environment: hot and humid in the kitchen to cool in the dining area.
• Lifts and carries racks or stacks of dishes, glassware, and other utensils weighing up to thirty pounds up to fifty times per shift.
• With assistance, lifts and empties trash cans weighing up to one hundred pounds up to twenty times per shift.
• Frequent bending, stooping, reaching, pushing, and lifting.
• Hazards include, but are not limited to, exposure to chemicals, cuts from broken glass and metal cans, burns, slipping, and tripping.