Manages a specific area of operations, typically 4-6 restaurants. Ensures team has Quality, Passion and Pride in everything they do by role modeling the core values and teaching the Ruby Tuesday standard. A master of selecting only “dream team” candidates and committed to developing people. Drives positive same restaurant sales, consistent profitability and manages team and management turnover, by refusing to lose one good person.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Recruit both internally and externally for “Dream Team” players. Work with general manager on identifying high level internal performers.
• Ensure that only the best are allowed to proceed in the management selection process and that all other candidates are turned away properly.
• Organize all Manager In Training(MIT) development activities. Work closely with the general manager on all MIT development. Approve and sign off on all MIT completions.
• Complete development plans for all restaurant managers and general managers including one on one follow up on a quarterly basis on the progress of these development plans.
• Consistently reward success by offering positive feedback and rewards at every level for Quality, Passion and Pride and outstanding results.
• Responsible for maintaining the RTI code of business ethics and conduct as well as the RTI respect and responsibility policy at all restaurants.
• Responsible for knowing the results of each restaurant on a daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly basis. Identify exceptions and create action plans for those exceptions. Conduct weekly restaurant visits to follow up on the progress of those action plans.
• Complete Quality Restaurant Visits(QRV). Ensure restaurants uphold the highest RTI standard when it comes to Making Guests Happy, Building and Retaining the Dream Team, Making a Difference Everyday, Driving Consistent Results, and Giving Back.
• Maintain the highest restaurant facility standards, by ensuring that all restaurants are following proper maintenance procedures.
• Communicate daily/weekly with respective Regional Partner(RP) on any exceptions, including manpower, turnover, guest issues in any of the restaurants.
Supervises General Managers, Managers, Manager Trainees and restaurant staff as needed.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma required; college degree or culinary school preferred. Requires 2 + years experience as a successful GM at RT or other high end casual dining concept.
This position requires regular attendance; the ability to work 55 hours per week is required; frequently required to hear, speak, walk, crawl, climb, stand, reach, bend, balance, kneel, stoop, lift and carry items up to 50lbs; requires ability to tolerate significant changes in temperature, and frequent immersion of hands in water and cleaning or sanitizing solutions. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to tolerate scents from various sources in the work environment.