This position is responsible for day-to-day management of the restaurant. Responsible for teaching, training, and leading Managers and Team Members. Must present a professional image at all times. Must coach, counsel, and develop Managers and Team Members to: maximize sales and profitability, control expenses, meet budgetary constraints, handle Guest complaints, and ensure sanitation, safety and food quality.
The GM is a champion of the Ruby Way and is expected to consistently model the behavior expected of managers and team members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure each Guest receives excellent service by providing an environment which includes maintaining the brand standards, solid knowledge of the menu, and all other components of Gracious Hospitality; responsible and accountable for all FOH and BOH results.
• Recruit, train, develop, and communicate through consistent daily line-ups and weekly meetings with all Managers and Team Members.
• Reinforce skills learned with Team Members and leadership behaviors with Managers.
• Identify strategies to retain the best Team Members.
• Control inventory levels and report all concerns to the OP.
• Develop and assign daily goals and tasks and assure completion through consistent follow-up.
• Monitor sales performance to ensure proper scheduling, staffing and develop strategies to meet sales goals.
• Adhere to company policies, procedures, all state and federal wage and hours regulations, and restaurant filing responsibilities
• Control funds, media, bank deposits, receiving, inventory, and payroll.
• Ensure all equipment is in good repair.
• High school diploma or high school equivalency. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• 3+ Years management experience in casual dining or a related restaurant industry