Consider a career as an Automotive Technician with The Albany Auto Group, award winning dealerships located in Latham and Glenmont, NY. $5000 signing bonus for A and B Techs available now! First $1000 paid after 90 days, balance paid after the end of 12 months. Our high customer and employee satisfaction scores are because of how we do business. We are seeking motivated individuals with automotive technician experience to service new and used cars. High earnings potential, a sign-on bonus for qualified candidates, and comprehensive benefits package available!
The Technician performs all warranty and non-warranty inspection, diagnostic, maintenance and repair
work, as directed by his or her supervisor. The Technician may also be responsible for installing accessories and performing new vehicle pre-delivery inspections and prep work. The Technician is required to maintain a current knowledge of vehicles and their service needs as described in manuals, technical bulletins, and training programs.
The primary duties and responsibilities of the Technician include:
• Receiving work assignments
• Test driving vehicles, if necessary, to verify customer complaints
• Diagnosing basic vehicle problems based on customer complaints
• Advising the supervising Technician or Service Writer if additional work is needed
• Staying up to date on all technical bulletins
• Participating in factory sponsored training and programs
• Performing other duties as assigned by the Service Manager
At a minimum, the Technician should have the following qualifications:
• Prior experience as a Technician
• Basic knowledge of vehicle electronic components, theory, systems, and testing tools and procedures
• Skill in diagnosing and repairing all key vehicle systems and components
• Knowledge of the proper procedures for handling hazardous materials
• Knowledge of the proper procedures for using tools and equipment
• Knowledge of the proper procedures for ensuring the safety of himself, the customer, and coworkers.
• Basic writing skills (to record work performed and recommended future service requirements on RO.s)
• Ability to read and interpret RO.s
A or B level technicians:
• Minimum 3 years of dealership experience
• Additionally, must be a reliable candidate with good attendance, work ethic, and time management
• Top pay-Highest in the Industry!
• Medical Insurance
• 401 (K )
• Paid Vacation / Sick-Personal
• Fully air-conditioned and heated shop
BMW of South Albany is seeking a tech savvy, energetic, product knowledge specialist to join our team as a full time Product Genius! You will be promoting our brand's unique technical offerings to clients and colleagues alike.
We're seeking candidates with a strong enthusiasm for the BMW brand, as well as a high affinity for technology and who enjoy going the extra mile for our clients. The BMW Genius is responsible for providing sales and service clients and our existing owners information about the operation and technology in their BMW. The Genius position will do all new and certified pre-owned car deliveries.
In this new role, you'll have the opportunity to meet fascinating people from a variety of backgrounds and to inspire people about things you are an enthusiast of. The BMW Genius must utilize all required BMW technology daily to insure compliance with BMW programs and exceptional client experiences. You will receive on-going training to develop your personality and improve your knowledge about new products and features continuously. The Genius is responsible for having up to date understanding of all technology, equipment and models in the BMW line-up.
• Understanding of automobile technology, superior client service skills and computer ability is a must.
• Valid driver's license with clean driving history, and 3 years of driving experience.
• Professional appearance and dress.
• Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
• Self-motivated with an outgoing, energetic personality
• Prior sales experience preferred. Any sales background is welcome!
• Use internet to retrieve, interact with, and follow up prospects.
• Obtain initial, and maintain manufacturer product training requirements.
• Other various duties as assigned