TITLE: 771 – QSR MANAGER
DEPARTMENT: Operations / Branded and Proprietary Foods
REPORTS TO: District Food Supervisor
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
Working under the supervision of the Director of Branded and Proprietary Foods, the District Food Supervisor and the direction of the General Manager, the QSR Manager is responsible for the overall operation of the company’s Branded Foods i.e. Church’s, Chester’s, Subway, Cinnabon franchises and Proprietary Food programs operating at the location. The QSR Manager shall ensure that both the franchise and proprietary food service is in compliance with all of the Branded and Proprietary food requirements and directives along with compliance with all health and food safety guidelines and requirements. Other responsibilities will be direct oversight of all Food Service employees, scheduling, inventory ordering and inventory management, and store cleanliness.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (includes, but is not limited to, the following):
• Create an in-store service environment that exceeds guest expectations with regards to friendly, quick, and accurate service and build team understanding and commitment to guest service standards.
• Have knowledge and understanding of labor cost reporting, operating statements, and other business-related reporting.
• Exhibit excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact professionally with individuals at all levels, both internally and externally.
• Establish clear achievable goals and communicate each team member’s role.
• Have knowledge of profit and loss statements.
• Ensure that all food products are prepared consistently with the Branded Foods and Proprietary Foods high quality standards.
• Demonstrate knowledge of food and beverage operations: apply principles of food preparation and production in accordance with the Branded Foods and Proprietary Foods specifications.
• Ensure that all health, safety and sanitation requirements are met in accordance with the Branded Foods and Proprietary Foods policies as well as federal, state, and local standards.
• Delegate and lead processes to control labor costs, food costs, and cash.
• Manage inventory and ordering/purchasing food and supplies while applying appropriate cost control measures per the Branded Foods and Proprietary Foods guidelines.
• Manage product build-to information while controlling waste budget.
• Plan labor to meet business demand, manages hours to budget.
• Direct and conduct regular training with team members.
• Work with direct reports to cross-train and assist in the development of new skills.
• Ensure that federal, state and local laws, regulations, and ordinances are practiced and enforced.
• Maintain a clean and safe restaurant for guests and team members.
• Adhere to budgets.
• Understand, enforce and adhere to all company policies and procedures.
• Maintain restaurant inventory and ensure accessibility and organization.
• Complete all paperwork accurately and timely.
• Prepare and analyze operation reports.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: All Branded Foods and Proprietary Foods Food Service Employees
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• One year or more of management in quick service restaurant or restaurant industry
• Must have completed at least some High School
• Must possess good basic math skills: must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide
• Must be fluent in English and, in some locations, have conversational Spanish skills
• Must have good communication skills and have a people-oriented focus
• Must be able to operate a computer/POS system and generate reports
• Have a basic business acumen
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described below are a representation of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
• Stand for 8 hours
• Lift 20 pounds over your head
• Repetitive motion such as cash counting, hand-keying, keyboarding, sweeping, mopping, wiping and shoveling
• Be able to work with cleaning and industry-specific chemicals • Lift 40 pounds
• Push and pull up to 80 pounds
• Frequent bending and stooping
• Work in the heat and/or cold
• Climb up and down ladders and step ladders