The Manager in Training (“MIT”) shall be assigned to an active Travel Center to be directly trained by an experience General Manager and the Travel Center staff. The MIT will complete the company’s MIT Program, which may be modified for the specific candidate. The MIT will learn how to perform, direct and coordinate the essential activities of managing a Travel Center including, but not limited to: supervision of employees, adherence to store standards, inventory management, merchandising, and maximization of sales and profits. The MIT will be required to show proficiency in the essential activities at the end of the training program. Following successful completion of this initial training, the MIT shall continue training in a store position until such time as a General Manager or Co-Manager position becomes available and the MIT has been approved for and moved into that position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES the MIT will learn (includes, but is not limited to, the following):
• Oversee the responsibilities of the Co-Manager, Assistant Manager and all other Store Employees;
• Govern Employee’s hours to the set schedule and Store Operation Budget;
• Work closely with store vendors and promote monthly sales and specials based on Company objectives;
• Train, motivate, mentor and develop Store-level Personnel within the Store to meet Company goals;
• Build an atmosphere that demonstrates pride in teamwork and in serving the Customer;
• Ensure adherence to Road Ranger’s Company Standards, Policies and Procedures;
• Safeguard the Store, safeguard cash and control inventory;
• Manage and maintain the Store’s appearance;
• Accurately complete all required back office paperwork in a timely manner;
• Minimize controllable Store expense by following Company guidelines involving the handling of spoilage, breakage and those items that used by the Store;
• Complete all other tasks and activities assigned by your District Supervisor in a prompt, cooperative, and accurate manner;
• Coordinate with the District Food Manager for the successful operation of any food programs and concepts operating within the Location; and
• Adhere to the Store Budget.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Those assigned by the General Manager during training.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
• Possess 5+ years of Retail or Restaurant Management experience either as a Store Manager or Assistant Manager;
• Be able to instill Company directives and implement Company initiatives;
• Possess strong operational and merchandising skills with the ability to implement;
• Have a proven record of excellence in delivering the customer experience;
• Possess a demonstrated track record in developing, implementing and evaluating short and long-term plans;
• Understand the P&L and other financial information to determine how to impact the Store’s performance;
• Possess a demonstrated ability to assess performance using key metrics and identify improvement opportunities;
• Drive the execution of succession planning, workforce planning and personnel development;
• Instill a culture of accountability through coaching, engagement and teamwork; and
• Instill a culture of customer satisfaction/customer experience.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described below are a representation of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
• Stand for 8 hours
• Lift 20 pounds over your head
• Repetitive motion such as cash counting, hand-keying, keyboarding, sweeping, mopping, wiping and shoveling
• Be able to work with cleaning and industry-specific chemicals
• Lift 40 pounds
• Push and pull up to 80 pounds
• Frequent bending and stooping
• Work in the heat and/or cold
• Climb up and down ladders and step ladders
• Over 5 years of Retail or Restaurant management experience either as a Store Manager or Assistant Manager