As the Host, you create the first impression with each guest and set the stage for their experience in the restaurant. You are responsible for greeting and seating guests, answering the phones, managing reservations and acknowledging guests as they enter and exit the restaurant.
• Valid food handler's card (where required)
• Ability to work positively in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to be on your feet and alert for extended periods of time.
• Ability to work effectively within a team.
• Valid food handler’s card
• Ability to arrive to work on time
• Previous restaurant experience preferred
• Demonstrates good time management skills
• Must be able to work a variety of scheduled shifts, based on the needs of the restaurant volume
• Continuous standing, walking and lifting up to 10 lbs
• Ability to lift up to 20 lbs. occasionally
• Frequent bending
What sets you apart?
• High-volume restaurant experience
• High attention to detail
• Reliable & dependable
• Supportive & positive attitude
Team Member Benefits & Perks
• Flexible scheduling
• Medical benefits offered after 90 days and average 30 hours worked per week
• Voluntary Benefits offered after 90 days – no minimum hour requirement
• Paid Sick & Safe Leave
• Internal training & development opportunities
• Discounted Shift Meal
• 25% discount when dining as a guest
Restaurants Unlimited, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Restaurants Unlimited, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training