Position: Store Manager
Reports to: District Supervisor
Purpose of Position: Direct the day-to-day operation of an assigned Par Mar Store in a manner which exceeds Company Goals and Expectations of Total Quality Service to our Guests. Direct and maintain the store in a manner which is above and beyond Par Mar Stores Image Standards.
1. Store Employees: Consistently hire, develop and retain store level employees (Assistant Managers, Customer Service Associates, etc.) in a manner consistent with Company Goals, Policies, Procedures and Image.
2. Review employee’s performance in an accurate, timely and objective manner consistent with company policies.
3. Set goals for employees which will encourage long term growth and promote career opportunities with the company. Assist employees in meeting goals for the purpose of increasing store growth and personal growth within the Company.
4. Recommend employees for promotions who meet company standards and goes Above and Beyond for the level of performance demanded by the position which is open.
5. Guests: Greet and Welcome each Guest to Par Mar with the proper greeting: Good (morning, afternoon or evening), Welcome to Par Mar. Acknowledge a Guest leaving the store by using an exit statement such as: Thank you, please come again, have a nice day.
6. Greet the Guests by their personal name by observing the name on their credit card or personal check.
7. Ensure a high standard of Guest satisfaction is maintained at all times through prompt, courteous and knowledgeable service in all areas of the store, not exclusive to the check-out area.
8. Training: Train and direct store employees to meet daily expectation in all operations of the store in a manner which will meet all federal, state, local and industry laws, rules and regulations, such as in the sale of alcohol, tobacco and lottery, etc.
9. Train and direct employees in utilizing and maintaining the “Manager’s Redbook” that controls daily shift functions and acts as communication tool for all employees.
10. Ensure the accurate handling of company assets, including but not limited to: cash over/shorts, inventory shrink, profitability of the store, labor costs, cleanliness of the facility, Guest service in accordance with Company Standards.
11. Store Exterior: Maintain a clean and attractive exterior of the store location by consistently wiping down dispensers, removing excessive signage from windows, cleaning windows, keeping counter areas which can be viewed from the outside neat and orderly and sweeping the lot on a daily basis.
12. Maintain all island supplies and keep debris out of customers view with trash being emptied every shift.
13. Store Interior: Maintain the interior of the store in a clean and attractive manner, daily by directing employees to complete all tasks on the shift duty checklist.
14. Smoking: Smoking is prohibited in Par Mar Stores including in front of ANY Par Mar Store entrance. It is not permitted according to Local, State and Federal Laws and Regulations.
15. Food Service: Maintain an attractive image in the food service area and ensure accurate handling of the Food Service Department including but not limited to: inventory, scheduling, profitability, Guest Service, training, hiring, marketing, brand standards and providing the quality of food in accordance with Company Standards.
16. Comply with, train and direct all employees to meet daily expectations with State, Local and Federal laws and regulations of the governing Health Department. Secure a food handlers card where applicable by the State when prepared foods are present.
17. Par Mar Store Promotions: Support and promote Par Mar Stores Special Promotions and Events at store level. Promote good will on behalf of Par Mar Stores by attending community events including any Loyalty Program set by the Company.
18. Loss Prevention: Effectively control loss prevention by following company policies and procedures and practice honesty in the workplace at all times and reporting all dishonest findings to Supervision.
19. Follow, promote and enforce the Company Policies and Procedures in a manner which supports the Company Mission Statement and Image Standards.
20. Complete assigned paperwork in an accurate, neat and timely manner which exhibits a high level of expertise.
21. Receiving Merchandise: Properly receive all merchandise and accurately complete all invoices pertaining to the merchandise in a manner which maximizes inventory control as stated in the Company Standards.
22. Vendor Procedures: Ensure proper vendor procedures are followed at all times to protect Company assets and merchandise the store in a manner which will supports Company Guest satisfaction policies and Image Standards.
23. Maintain a Store Atmosphere which is consistent with the Company Standards for Professionalism, Image and Total Quality Guest Service, Above and Beyond.
24. Ensure Company policies and procedures are followed regarding dress code, merchandise handing, Guest Service and minimizing controllable store expenses.
25. Display a consistent team oriented demeanor at all times by maintaining clear channels of communications open with upper management, fellow co-workers employees and Guests in compliance with Company policies.
26. Support Upper Management in enforcing Company policies and procedures at all times.
27. Safety: Actively enforce all safety measures to ensure a safe work environment is maintained in a manner which protects company assets, employees and Guests.
28. Develop and maintain a professional image as a member of the company management team, supporting the Company Image, in actions and words at all times.
29. Maintain and increase personal knowledge base by completing approved online and other available training applicable to this position and the company direction.
30. Ensure all decisions regarding employees, company issues, Guest Service, laws, rules, regulations and safety are made from an objective analysis of the situation and the stated position of the Company.
31. Driving on Company Business: Consistently maintain and provide a current valid driver’s license and proof of insurance to be considered for and remain in the Store Manager position.
32. Availability: must work at the store the required days and hours, as well as be available by telephone at all times when not on-site in the store.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
Position: Store Manager
Reports to: District Supervisor
1. Must be able to stand up to an eight (8) to ten (10) hour shift on a hard surface floor in order to perform all type of job duties and responsibilities.
2. Must be able to lift, push and/or pull up to 50 pounds up to 3 feet high without the aid of another person, in stocking the store.
3. Must be able to lift items onto a dolly and maneuver dolly into position.
4. Must be able to work in a cold environment in stocking the coolers and freezers.
5. Must be able to push and/or pull a mop/broom or shovel in order to clean floors, parking areas and sidewalks.
6. Must be able to tolerate chemicals such as gasoline, cleaning agents, and other products necessary for customer service or cleaning the facility.
7. Must be able to maintain balance and climb up to eight (8) feet on a step ladder or climb into the attic in order to stock and arrange coolers and shelves, replenish cups, ice, etc., in the fountain area and changing signs.
8. Must be able to bend, twist and reach in order to perform various job functions such as washing windows and gas pumps, stocking shelves, coolers and fountain areas and picking up trash.
9. Must be able to handle a variety of shapes, sizes, and textures. Items handled include, but are not limited to: stock items, money, credit cards, supplies and paper work.
10. Must be able to use fingers bilaterally and unilaterally:
A. The fingers are used bilaterally to count money, unload boxes, operate machines/equipment and to perform various other job functions.
B. The fingers are used unilaterally to punch in prices on the cash register and computer.
11. Must be able to have corrected hearing to listen to:
A. The needs and direction from management;
B. The needs of customers; and
C. The environment to be aware of surroundings.
12. Must be able to have corrected vision to:
A. Be aware of surroundings and location of products and customers;
B. Identify colors and descriptions of automobiles at gas pumps; and
C. Count money, read price tags, cash register and gas pumps and perform job duties.
13. Environmental conditions: must be able to work around various odors, dust and fumes in a mostly moderate temperature, except for extreme cold below 40 degrees in refrigerator/coolers or the drive in winter conditions.
14. Must be able to have dexterity to perform repetitive tasks and force in the use of deli meat slicers and knives in a safe manner which meets company standards.
15. Must be able to understand and use all safety equipment when using a slicer and cleaning machinery.
16. Must be able to perform tanks inventory by reading the fuel tanks manually by lifting the 20-30 pound lids off the tank by using a screwdriver then “sticking” the tanks or by inserting the tool into the lid and accurately reading the measurement.
17. Must not be short-tempered and must be slow to anger and able to respond in a calm demeanor in stressful situations such as dealing with customers who may be dissatisfied or emergencies.
18. Must be alert and able to identify a hazard in order to avoid it by reporting immediately, or if necessary, take immediate corrective measures.
19. Must not be impaired in anyway due to:
A. the use of drugs (legal or illegal),
B. alcohol use, or
C. in any other way,
which may affect the employee’s ability to act and/or react in a manner that will ensure their safety, the safety of other employees, customers and the assets of the company.
20. Must be able to physically react in an immediate manner to emergencies such as fires, fuel spills, robberies or other life threatening situations.
21. Driving on Company Business: Consistently maintain and provide a current valid driver’s license and proof of insurance.