Principle Responsibilities & Position Purpose:
To maintain the hotel's guest and heart of the hotel areas in accordance with the standards of the hotel and company by performing preventive maintenance and repairs as necessary. Performs repairs and preventative maintenance work to ensure the hotel maintenance quality standards are achieved and maintained. Understands and implements the mission statement, values, and culture at all time.
- 1+ years of experience in a branded, quality hotel preferred
-Working knowledge of electricity, ac, and plumbing along with a working knowledge of preventative maintenance.
-High School diploma or equivalent of same. Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree preferred
-Must display professionalism and have characteristics of honesty and trustworthiness
- Must have excellent attendance and punctuality
Work Environment & Context:
-Must be able to perform major life activities: standing, lifting, bending, learning, reading, concentrating, thinking, and communicating.
-Must be able to stand for eight hours, bend, stretch, and reach
-Long hours sometimes required. Work schedule varies and may include occasionally working on
Holidays, weekends, and evenings
-Must be able to push or pull 100 pounds and lift and/or carry 60 pounds
- Ability to work in all types of weather.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
-Entire property, staff services, hours of operation, type of rooms, locations
-Safety and security measures
- The methods, practices, tools, equipment, and materials used in a variety of building and mechanical trades.
-Occupational hazards in the use of power tools and equipment, and of necessary safety precautions.
-Repairs and maintenance of furniture and fixtures within the hotel.
-Report or correct any hazardous conditions observed immediately.
Guidelines from training checklist of areas to be maintained.
-Daily hotel operations, check daily events, bulletin boards, and be up to date on changes, new
procedures and events.
-Use and care of hand and power tools and equipment appropriate to the area of assignment.
-Perform preventative maintenance and repairs as well as general maintenance on property grounds.
-Assist with guest issues, be professional and maintain a hospitable caring attitude.
-Maintain guest privacy.
-Multi task, detail oriented, remain service centric
-Communicate with guests and co-workers
-Assist with guest issues with professionalism maintaining hospitable attitude.
-Must be able to work alone
-Respond to all maintenance work orders in a timely manner.
-Perform general minor repairs to in house plumbing, electrical, refrigeration, kitchen equipment and HVAC systems.
-Ability to diagnose malfunctions and defects in mechanical and similar equipment and to determine adequate corrective measures.
-Practice Safety Standards at all times.
-Comply to all standards.
1. Maintain facility using consistent preventative maintenance guidelines.
2. Perform tasks as assigned: preventative maintenance, repairs, and complete documentation
3. Maintains rooms in optimal operating condition by performing repairs as needed
4. Maintains operating equipment in working condition by performing routine equipment checks and repairs
5. Demonstrates familiarity with the hotel's life safety systems and takes corrective action on any maintenance or operating
problems which affect the security or operating condition of the hotel
6. Handles master set of keys in accordance with company policy for the overall security
7. Reports any hazards or injuries in the department or hotel and takes immediate action to correct
8. Maintains and assists in the cleanliness of individual work area
9. Keeps immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance
10.All other duties as assigned and within the realm of physical capabilities.
11.Perform Property Specific Tasks as requested by your management team.
Positions for Possible Future Advancement:
The next step for this position is in a training capacity for other Maintenance Technicians or a Lead Maintenance Technician. The ability to teach skills and competencies will enhance leadership skills in preparation for further promotion.