We are seeking a positive and professional Payroll Specialist to join the team at the Pappas Restaurants Main Office in Northwest Houston. The Payroll Specialist works closely with the Payroll Supervisor and Manager to process payroll bi-weekly for all areas of the company. This position is responsible for ensuring accurate reporting of weekly payroll data including hours and earnings, personal information, and the overall integrity of the payroll system. They will communicate needs proactively and partner with the Payroll Department to apply cohesive and consistent solutions.
• Implements, maintains, and reviews Dayforce to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions.
• Completes data entry of manual time logs, vacation requests, off cycle checks, and corrections found during validation.
• Engages and communicates with the Office Administrator at their assigned locations as well as coworkers within the Payroll Department.
• Ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates.
• Prepares and maintains accurate records and reports of payroll transactions.
• Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws and best practices.
• Identifies and recommends updates to payroll processing software, systems, and procedures.
• Verifies and maintains new hire reporting to the Social Security Administration.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Positive, patient, and professional attitude.
• Bachelor’s degree in any field of study.
• 3-4 years of experience processing payroll
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to communicate in a confident and clear manner.
• Strong attention to detail, ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
• Proficient with MS Word, Excel, Adobe, and Outlook.
• Ability to work independently and collaborate with a team.
• Strong working knowledge of Dayforce is preferred.
• Previous experience working with non-exempt payroll including multiple jobs/rates as well as tips is preferred
This job posting contains some general information about what it is like to work at Pappas Restaurants and is not a complete job description. Pappas Team Members perform a number of different tasks every day, and this posting does not list all of the essential functions of the job.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact email@example.com for assistance completing any forms or to participate in the application process.
Pappas Restaurants is an Equal Opportunity Employer.