We are seeking a positive and professional Graphic Designer to join the Marketing team at the Pappas Restaurants Main Office in Northwest Houston. The Graphic Designer works closely with the Creative, Brand and Menu team to create visually appealing graphic materials to meet the marketing goals and promotional efforts. The Graphic Designer also partners with the Internal Marketing team to create materials to support internal communication. This role combines creativity with technical skills to produce a range of digital and print design assets.
• Develops and designs a variety of marketing materials, including menus, flyers, brochures, posters, banners, and social media graphics
• Creates visually engaging designs for both digital and print platforms while ensuring consistency with the restaurant's branding guidelines
• Designs and update restaurant menus, ensuring that they are visually appealing, easy to read, and reflective of the restaurant's cuisine and ambiance
• Creates eye-catching graphics for the restaurant's website, social media profiles, and email marketing campaigns
• Designs online advertisements, including web banners and social media ads
• Coordinates with print vendors and oversee the printing process to ensure quality and accuracy
• Works closely with the marketing team to understand project requirements and ensure that designs meet
• marketing goals
• Collaborates with Internal marketing to create and edit materials to support Operations and HR with projects such as employee training, employee recognition and company-wide communication
• Communicates with stakeholders to incorporate their feedback and suggestions into design projects
• Maintains and enforces brand guidelines to ensure a consistent and recognizable brand identity across all design materials
• Stays current with industry-standard design software (e.g., Adobe Creative Suite) and tools, using them proficiently in design work
• Manages multiple design projects simultaneously, ensuring that deadlines are met, and projects are completed on time
• Bachelor's of Fine Arts (BFA) is strongly preferred. Bachelor's degree in graphic arts, design, communications. or related field will also be considered
• At least 3-5 years of experience in graphic design
• Compelling portfolio of work over a wide range of creative projects
• Knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography, print, and digital marketing best practices
• Experience creating and editing print marketing materials, large format printing, packaging, digital ads, website assets and social media content
• Mastery of industry-standard software, including ability to create, review and edit graphics through Adobe Creative Suite, with a particular focus on InDesign
• Attention to detail and strong understanding of typography, layout, color, and graphic design principles
• Ability to update and create new brands, brand guidelines and logos
This job posting contains some general information about what it is like to work at Pappas Restaurants and is not a complete job description. Pappas Team Members perform a number of different tasks every day, and this posting does not list all of the essential functions of the job.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact email@example.com for assistance completing any forms or to participate in the application process.
Pappas Restaurants is an Equal Opportunity Employer.