Job you are applying for:
at the following location(s):
Accounting - Houston, TX
View Job Description - Tax Accountant
We are seeking a positive and professional Tax Accountant to join the Accounting team at the Pappas Restaurants Main Office in Northwest Houston. The Tax Accountant is responsible for monitoring of sales and use tax activities, including analysis of accounts payable and sales transactions to validate tax treatment, preparation of sales/use tax returns, creation of tax accrual journal entries, and assisting with balance sheet reconciliation of sales tax accounts. This position will assist with Sales and Use Tax Audits as well as business license applications and renewals. The Tax Accountant will be involved in collecting data for preparation of other various federal and state tax returns and corporate filings as well as other duties as assigned.
• Monitors and prepares Sales and Use Tax Returns, including analysis of taxability issues. Reconciliation of Sales and Use Tax accounts and preparation of Journal Entries.
• Assist with Sales and Use tax agency audits. Conducts research on taxability and responding to audit related document requests.
• Assist with Corporate filings, including the assembling of data for preparation of Federal and State Income tax returns.
• Assist with obtaining qualifications, registrations and business licenses from state and local agencies as required
• Positive and professional attitude
• Bachelor’s degree in any field of study, an accounting degree preferred
• 3-4 years of indirect tax experience
• Proficiency in MS Excel
• Working knowledge of MS Word and MS Outlook
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate verbally and in writing with outside tax agencies
• Exposure to Texas Sales and Use tax filings
• Exposure to Federal Income Tax filings
• Self-motivated with able to work independently
• Detail oriented, strong organizational and time management skills
• Analytical and excels at problem solving
• Collaborative and works well in a team environment
This job posting contains some general information about what it is like to work at Pappas Restaurants and is not a complete job description. Pappas Team Members perform a number of different tasks every day, and this posting does not list all of the essential functions of the job.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact email@example.com for assistance completing any forms or to participate in the application process.
Pappas Restaurants is an Equal Opportunity Employer.