STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
To aid restaurant management in the achievement of restaurant objectives and assist in assigning, directing and following up on activities of Crew Members while providing quality products and services in a clean and safe environment to each and every customer. This position must be able to work and communicate effectively with store management and Crew Members.
An individual must be able to perform each of the essential functions satisfactorily. Shift Leaders must be WeLearn certified (25 curricula) and line effective in all positions. NPC Quality Burgers will, upon request, provide reasonable accommodation in accordance with the ADA to the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant with a disability, unless to do so would cause the company an undue hardship. The Shift Leader must be able to perform each of the following essential functions:
• Must be able to come to work promptly and regularly
• Must be able to take direction and work well with others
• Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and accomplish multiple tasks within established timeframes
• Must be able to stand much of the work day
• Must be able to concentrate and perform duties accurately
• Must be able to react to change productively and handle other tasks as assigned
• Must be able to perform the Accountabilities and Key Measurement Criteria
• Must be able to fulfill the Knowledge and Ability Section
• Must be able to perform as stated in the Work Environment; Physical Demands Section
While direct supervision is not assigned to this position, job responsibilities may include providing
functional guidance to Crew Members, including assignment delegation, instruction, and follow-through.
May carry out opening/closing procedures and supervise service period shifts, but does not have the
authority to hire, discipline or terminate employees.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND KEY MEASUREMENT CRITERIA
Key Measurement Criteria: In order to achieve consistency throughout our system as we measure and evaluate performance, the measurement criteria following each accountability should be considered
and evaluated. The actual results as well as the methods used to obtain the results should be
assessed and commented on within the performance evaluation. The Key Measurement Criteria should not be viewed as the only factors to evaluate, as there are normally additional items that
relate to a specific individual or market.
1. Assists the restaurant team in meeting or exceeding all company established People Metrics by utilizing all available tools and systems. Utilizes Interviewing and Selection tools when assisting with the hiring of team members. Executes 4 Corner Training consistently utilizing WeLearn courses and Observation Checklists. Treats all team members fairly with respect and dignity.
KEY MEASUREMENT CRITERIA
• Annualized crew turnover of 100%-119%
• Restaurant WeLearn Certifications at average of 13-15
• Restaurant staffing at 85%-95%
2. Assists the restaurant team in achieving all company established Service Metrics by utilizing all established tools and procedures. Utilizes Voice of the Customer Data to establish areas of opportunities and responds appropriately by executing the Customer Experience Playbook. Establishes daily shift goals and appropriately completes the Daily Operations Plan and Huddles to appropriately position employees and execute a focused, A level shift. Resolves customer problems with care and concern utilizing BLAST. Seeks customer feedback by regularly performing Table Visits and Pick Up Window Visits. Utilizes Total Restaurant Cleaning system and conducts regular restaurant Walk Throughs to maintain a clean, inviting restaurant that is always Rush Ready.
KEY MEASUREMENT CRITERIA
• Voice of the Customer Overall Satisfaction scores of 60% or higher
• Restaurant Speed of Service metrics maintained at 156-180 seconds
• Customer Experience Evaluation score of 90% or better
3. Assists the restaurant team in achieving all company established Sales Metrics utilizing all available systems tools and procedures. Drives ticket growth by keeping team focused on suggestive selling and add ons. Drives traffic growth by providing positive guest experiences to drive repeat visits and positive word of mouth advertising. Gets involved in the local community in a way that drives Sales in the restaurant (Community Nights, donations, sponsorships, appearances at community events.) Knows local trade area and provides information to help the company remain competitive. Executes all LTO and new product initiatives, appropriately including team member training, suggestive selling, quality control and POP placement/maintenance.
KEY MEASUREMENT CRITERIA
• Positive Comp Sales Percentage 0-5 pts above company average
• Ticket Growth Percentage 0-1.5 pts above company average
• Traffic Growth Percentage 0-5 pts above company average
4. Assists the restaurant team in achieving all company established financial metrics utilizing all available systems, tools and procedures. Adheres to published schedules and makes forecasting/labor adjustments as necessary to maintain labor guide variance at an acceptable level. Completes accurate daily inventory counts, maintains acceptable inventory levels, ensures FIFO is utilized and ensures customer orders are correctly keyed into the POS system to minimize food waste and eliminate theft in the restaurant. Maintains a safe working environment to avoid customer or team member injuries. Trains and monitors team members to properly utilize and care for all restaurant equipment and supplies to minimize maintenance and replacement costs.
KEY MEASUREMENT CRITERIA
• Food Variance of 1.5%-1.79%
• Period Labor Variance of +/-30-59.99 hours
• Controllable Profit Growth of 2%-4.9%
5. Consistently demonstrates NPC Quality Burgers Leadership Traits
KEY MEASUREMENT CRITERIA
• Always does the right thing: Leads with the utmost integrity and has zero tolerance for unethical behavior. Focuses on what is best for our product, people, and place.
• Is a steward of people: Takes a people first mentality, treating others with dignity and respect. Elevates performance through coaching and people development.
• Builds and inspires a strong team: Selects the right talent and never compromises standards. Inspires through positive energy, recognition and leading by example.
• Exudes positive enthusiasm: Believes in the positive intentions of others. Maintains professional maturity with a balance of realism, optimism and fun.
• Proactively solves problems without excuses: Acts with urgency to solve problems and remove obstacles.
• Acts courageously and challenges the status quo: Asks questions, is not afraid to challenge themselves and others to improve every day.
• Is open minded and an active learner: Continuously learns by staying up-to-date on current events and industry trends. Is curious, invites feedback and wants to try new things.
• Has humility and self-confidence: Is self-aware and uplifting. Knows their personal strengths and leads with confidence.
• Has Pride in self and work: Is a self-starter and delivers quality work, has high-standards for themselves and their team.
• Is committed to winning: Is competitive and wants to be the best, committed to the overall cause of the business.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY
• Certified in State and Company food safety requirements
• Ability to learn and apply Wendy’s standard operating procedures
• Ability to learn and apply NPC Quality Burgers Human Resources policies and procedures
• Knowledge of applicable federal, state and local employment laws
• Ability to satisfactorily complete recommended company training programs, including, but not
limited to, Crew positional training program, Wendy’s University and Serve Safe Food Safety Certification
• At least 18 years of age.
• One or more years of supervisory experience. (External Candidates)
• In position as a QB Crew Member for a minimum of 90 days. (Internal Candidates)
• Successful completion of a criminal background check. (Internal and External Candidates)
• Must be available to open and/or close 3 shifts per week
• Personnel file free of corrective action for minimum of 60 days. (Internal Candidates)
WORK ENVIRONMENT; PHYSICAL DEMANDS
In order to satisfactorily execute and meet the above accountabilities and key measurement criteria, a Shift Leader must perform the duties on site, in accordance with customary scheduling requirements for this position (including ability to work many different shifts). The position frequently requires working at a fast pace and may involve exposure to noise, heat, cold or other elements. It is also necessary to use a headset to take orders, take direction or give direction. Shift Leaders may be required to transfer from one location to another as business needs dictate. The Shift Leader position requires bending, kneeling, reaching, lifting (up to 25 pounds, as necessary), standing for long periods without a break, and ability to travel to other restaurants, meeting venues, etc.
We’ve got great jobs for people just starting out in the workforce, looking for a flexible second job or staying in the workforce after retirement.
As a part-time employee you will be eligible for medical, dental and vision, supplemental life and AD&D, Disability insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Employee Assistance Program, 401(k) and retirement. Next Day Pay (PayActive), NPC Family fund, legal shield, pet insurance, auto and home insurance.
As a full-time employee you will be eligible for medical, health savings account (HSA), enhanced health benefits, dental and vision, life, accidental death, and dismemberment (AD&D), disability, EAP, 401(k) and retirement, consulting services, identity theft legal protection, Next Day Pay (PayActive), NPC Family Fund, pet insurance, auto and health insurance, as well as prescription benefits.
If you want a fun, flexible job with an innovative company where you will receive rewards and recognition for your efforts, look no further and apply today! Visit frostyjobs.com or text "FROSTY" to 52345 to learn more about our company, our opportunities, and your future.
We are an equal opportunity employer and recognize the strength that diversity brings to the workplace.